8 years ago today

David

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, the brunny is becoming a pain. They let away fans in when it suits them, it's always dead busy, unless you get there about 12.30 forget a seat.

massive queues at the bar.

i don't know where else though, I hate the waterfall, the vic and widows are too small, I guess it gets busy on Pride park too. I get he real ale thing, but I don't even drink much of that now on a night out, it's like poo Russian roulette for me.

anyone go to the Navigation?

9 hours ago, David said:

Anyhow soon got kicked off when they appointed a mod squad, the leader of the pack Red Elvis didn't believe any Derby fans should be allowed on the famous teams forum.

I got booted first and took Boycie with me.

Hmmmm sounds familiar.. Were you innocent as well?

I think this forum is largely why I'm such a passionate Derby fan. I've always lived away from Derby, and 3 years of uni in Nottingham aside, I've never even lived close.

Think the early days of Clough, with GCSEs, plans with mates, and chasing girls with varying degrees of success it would have been very easy to question why I was spending my weekends doing something nobody else I knew was interested in, and turned around to my dad and say I'd rather not go anymore.

But I've always had this place to vent my frustrations and to argue my opinion, and it kept me going at a point where I could have easily given it up. I'm 22 now, living in London, but still have that season ticket.

This place has always been a great space and I'm glad it's been there for me. You have @David to thank for creating that atmosphere and managing to keep the place sane despite the dramatic increase in traffic. A visit to any other Championship club forum is enough to make sure I don't take this for granted.

Archived