Classic Bryson

Day

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

On a tangent, where's the 30 page long thread titled "Russell's miss" Bris?

Still waiting for that one... :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Ah, reason to go off topic, can't let this slip...What a cross that was from BJ! 

That was from Baird not Johnson. 

Most of you didn't want him in the team before last night. :lol:

This forum is the epitome of fickle. 

Bryson did well last night, great goal but our midfield was bossed throughout by Drinkwater. And when Hughes limped off without touching the ball second half, Leicester brought on Mahrez too. I didn't notice anything change in terms of the midfield. But Mahrez finally pegged us back. But we escaped until the absolute howler of a corner. Again. 

I refuse to scapegoat Butterfield, or anyone else for that matter. Nor will I laud any of them like Gods. Even Will. 

Looking forward to Tuesday night, even though I really shouldn't as I hate Ipswich as a place and stadium. But I love backing my team. I'll probably have a few beers and sing a few songs. With likeminded Rams. Bring it on!

Was at the game last night, this boy was fantastic.

Just like the old Bryson, first to every loose ball, ran off Bent, linked up play, got in the box at every opportunity, was just like the Bryson of the 13/14 season.

I had written him off after seeing his lack luster performances this season but we all know that he needs a run in the team to get him back to his best, was a joy to watch and I hope he can keep it up

With Will Hughes never going to score 10+ goals from midfield this is the guy we need next to him, although I am a big fan of Butterfield too, another nice selection dilemma to have!!!

HE'S SCOTTISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................

And he like his haggis...

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Was at the game last night, this boy was fantastic.

Just like the old Bryson, first to every loose ball, ran off Bent, linked up play, got in the box at every opportunity, was just like the Bryson of the 13/14 season.

He was back on song, just as most of us thought he'd be once he got a run of games.

Too many on here writing him off two weeks ago, and some should maybe reflect on that and think again.

I just watched the highlights .. what really grabbed my attention was how far forward he was. All over the top of the box finding space, making himself available. Not chasing shadows around the centre circle. 

I didn't write him off but had become a doubter, more along the lines of thinking perhaps we'd seen the best and hey ho. So glad I was wrong and his timing with Will being out couldn't be better

37 minutes ago, jono said:

I just watched the highlights .. what really grabbed my attention was how far forward he was. All over the top of the box finding space, making himself available. Not chasing shadows around the centre circle. 

I didn't write him off but had become a doubter, more along the lines of thinking perhaps we'd seen the best and hey ho. So glad I was wrong and his timing with Will being out couldn't be better

I think what it is with Bryson is it takes him a few games to get up to full/match fitness and because his game is so predicated on his engine his performances up till getting fit are ineffectual. We saw this last year as well when he was coming back from injury, it took him a good number of games to shake the rust off before he reached his best. I'm glad his up and running because I feel like with him really breaking from midfield we will look better going forward.

As a caveat, goals like his last two remind you of how good a finisher Bryson is don't they?

The first time side foot shot into the corner from 20 yards was a peach.

I hold my hand up as being one of those who thought that he's been here 5 years or so, getting on for 30, lost the edge he had before we gave him a plump 5 year contract, probably seen the best of him then.

Happy to be proved wrong - and I'm most pleased that the body language from the players seems to be getting more towards the esprit du corps we enjoyed in 2013-14. Not that there was ever any suggestion of dissension in the camp, but the "feelgood factor" looks to be there in abundance - good to see smiling faces.

Archived