Classic Bryson

Day

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butterfield is just lacking in confidence massively, you could tell when you saw glimpses in the dressing room before the game on BBC, Jake was sat there looking down, most probably due to not playing.

He scores those two goals against Hull and looked brilliant and then Clement dropped him, I don't think he has been any good since that game.

Some Huddersfield fans thought he was one of the best players ever to have played for them. There is a player in there, Mac Just needs to find it. 

Bryson was back to his energetic best tonight, he was the legs in our midfield, getting in the faces of the Leicester city players, and a great goal tonight, hopefully this will give him the confidence to kick on, and get more goals now, if I am honest with you, the midfield trio of Johnson, Hughes and Bryson, looks our most balanced midfield.

Bryson really hasn't changed. His work rate is second to none, he's good on the ball, he goes forward, and he can score from anywhere. He just hasn't gotten picked as much as he should have. He can't be that high on confidence given how he keeps getting left out for no good reason. Plus Derby fans love him.

Butterfield on the other hand does not work hard, is soft in the tackle, does odd things like for the second goal, tends to run and pass sideways, and can't hit the barn door with a banjo. Very frustrating. No wonder he gets no songs from us. 

Give Bryson a run and he will repay. Tonight showed why he would be fine in the PL. As I recall he scored against Chelsea on that assist from Russell. Him, Hughes, Thorne, and for some reason Russell seem to always acquit themselves well against PL opposition.

Has always taken him a few games to get up to scratch. Is still our second best central midfielder and nothing has changed, we are a much better side with his pressing and his harrying in it.

Drives me crazy when people expect a player to come in and perform straight away. Easy to forget he was out for nearly as long as Mr Hughes was and their games are vastly different. Him and Will are our best and most balanced pairing by a comfortable distance.

There has never been a midfield player who has scored as many in this league and for a long time there won't be again. Fantastic footballer who is taken for granted. No one else in our squad scores the goal he scored tonight.

Bryson looks a decent player alongside Hughes, with both of them pressing.

Alongside Butterfield it's all wrong. Bryson presses high, and Butters falls back creating a massive space between them. It's no wonder they get dominated when played together.

Butterfield needs to be more aggressive. He's so laboured it's painful.

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Butterfield is just lacking in confidence massively, you could tell when you saw glimpses in the dressing room before the game on BBC, Jake was sat there looking down, most probably due to not playing.

He scores those two goals against Hull and looked brilliant and then Clement dropped him, I don't think he has been any good since that game.

Some Huddersfield fans thought he was one of the best players ever to have played for them. There is a player in there, Mac Just needs to find it. 

Butterfield needs to find it.

Bryson goes backwards more than Butterfield. That's an opinion that stats back up btw

I don't mind Bryson in the final third but anything before that and he's a brick wall for defenders to bounce the ball off. He also insists on heading the ball when he's got time to bring it down. 

It was a good goal a decent performance in the first half. In the second half there was no midfield battle. Leicester bossed it. 

Butterfield was awful. Totally awful. But Bryson was only good for 45mins. 

WhoScored player ratings have and always will be piss poor. They're based on stats. You can complete a game with 100% pass accuracy and none of them much use. You can have 10 shots on target and the keeper can pick them all up as they roll to him. You can win 15 defensive headers... and you're up against Anya etc etc

MotM for Derby was out of Hughes, Carson and the full backs. Bryson was probably around our 5th best player on the night. 

I'm not being negative I just try to stay away from suicidal and spunking. 

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

Has always taken him a few games to get up to scratch. Is still our second best central midfielder and nothing has changed, we are a much better side with his pressing and his harrying in it.

Drives me crazy when people expect a player to come in and perform straight away. Easy to forget he was out for nearly as long as Mr Hughes was and their games are vastly different. Him and Will are our best and most balanced pairing by a comfortable distance.

There has never been a midfield player who has scored as many in this league and for a long time there won't be again. Fantastic footballer who is taken for granted. No one else in our squad scores the goal he scored tonight.

Spot on. I have never doubted Bryson. He is a first class footballer and a great finisher; should be an ever-present along with Hughes. You just need to keep his oil topped up and his plugs and points clean and that Rolls Royce Merlin engine will purr forever. With a fit Bryson and Hughes, we have a chance in the play-offs. Shame we don't have the wardrobe and Thorne too because then I'd really fancy us.

well done Brys...MotM. 

7 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Bryson looked like he was fully match fit and just maybe that's all that was lacking.

Bet he put more yards in than anybody on the pitch, that's a sure sign the old Bryson is back.

Not maybe, any player needs 5 games to get match fit. Bryson delivers whenever he's been allowed to build fitness. 

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Bryson goes backwards more than Butterfield. That's an opinion that stats back up btw

I don't mind Bryson in the final third but anything before that and he's a brick wall for defenders to bounce the ball off. He also insists on heading the ball when he's got time to bring it down. 

It was a good goal a decent performance in the first half. In the second half there was no midfield battle. Leicester bossed it. 

Butterfield was awful. Totally awful. But Bryson was only good for 45mins. 

WhoScored player ratings have and always will be piss poor. They're based on stats. You can complete a game with 100% pass accuracy and none of them much use. You can have 10 shots on target and the keeper can pick them all up as they roll to him. You can win 15 defensive headers... and you're up against Anya etc etc

MotM for Derby was out of Hughes, Carson and the full backs. Bryson was probably around our 5th best player on the night. 

I'm not being negative I just try to stay away from suicidal and spunking

What a great name for a band!

Bryson was very lively and looked a threat on top of his work rate unfortunately when butterfield came on the contrast was very apparent on the eye with little mobility no noticed tackles or headers and what was he doing standing 3 feet behind the goal line? On the plus side at least he had a shot on target but basically his goals are the main reason for his selection but that hasn't really happened this season he needs to improve drastically or mac will seek to improve that position.

Im

back 

5 games ago his legs are gone , sign Lansbury , sell Bryso 

now he's back to full fitness , what a player again 

fickle or what ? ?

Will hughes n Craig Bryson together fully fit are by a country mile derbys best 2 central midfielders 

His close control at pace was truly outstounding. Finish excellent but it was the 3 or 4 touches before he got his shot away that impressed me most. Really hope this leads to a glut of goals from the wee man as he did perform v well last night. Never rated Butterfield so with Hughesy looking crocked for a few games we will need Bryso to push on.

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I can't wait to see Bryson and Nugent play in the same team...I think they will combine very well. 

Yes funnily enough I was thinking that during the game last night.

I also think that he and Ince are starting to look a useful combination.

Archived