No Win No Fee Mis sold item

Ashz09

Hey guys,

A few years back I was sold Solar Panels for a grand total of around £6,200. I thought I was getting a 4KW system but turned out it was a 2KW.. I've since seen hardly any return on my investment (around £30,£40,£110,£120) at most a year through 4 monthly payments from F.I.T.I don't save on electric bills due to being monthly.

I've contacts solicitors who say I may have a case under mis sold item and maybe able to scrap the whole credit agreement. Has anyone had any dealings with no win no fee? Are my chances at least a little high!? Kind of a tough one in case i screwed over some how.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shop around with a number of solicitors to make sure you get the best deal. The cut taken by solicitors in no win, no fee cases can be quite significant and will be deducted from any compensation you gain. The benefit is no financial risk on your part

If you are confident your case is pretty watertight and you can afford to take the chance of an unsuccessful case it may well be more cost effective to hire a solicitor in the traditional manner.

Advice from Which's website:

• If you're claiming for misrepresentation, you can either ask for rescission or damages
  • Damages can be difficult to prove
  • Act quickly for the best outcome
  • You can use a dispute resolution scheme if you are unsatisfied with the company's response, although you will have to pay a fee of £100 + VAT
  • Court should be a last resort

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-complain-about-being-misled-by-a-solar-panel-sales-pitch

you don't save on electric bills? Why does being monthly matter? 

if your both out during the day and use no electric then you won't benefit from free electric as it'll just go into the grid.

if I was you I'd be setting the washing machine or tumble drier for the day time round midday.

i think I'm right that you get  FIT payment for electric generated regardless of wether you use it or it goes into the grid? Can't be sure, been a while since I dealt with it.

When I moved into my house I was paying £10 a week for a month prepayment. I then went onto monthly which was roughly the same £41.00 a month with no change basically with Solar Panels. I was told it'll pay for it self and more.. I was quoted around the same price I paid for a 4KW system. Long story short the sales bloke told me that'll just be on the front and they can beat any quote he didn't say that i'd be downgraded to a 2KW (Got a quote for a 3KW system for the same price why would I not of gone with that).. My fault in some ways but the guy who turned up basically said sign here I'm in a rush.

The partner uses it during the day. Just feels I'm not getting the benefit I was promised maybe I could be wrong? I get the F.I.T which isn't that much as they quoted (£100 a difference a year) and the electric bill is basically the same all the time and given a set price by the company.

Never done anything like this and not sure if I have a have a case..In my mind I'm a bit worried that the solicitors maybe would take the case as in the end they get paid through fees with me or the court. He mentioned that if I win it'll be paid by the monthly installments I've paid so far I get back and the agreement will be scrapped (Not sure what that means if I get money back from the £6000+ or what). Like I say very new to this solicitors thing :ph34r:.

Using a solicitor is very much like betting....only one of the parties involved makes any money....and it won't be you.

I'd be very wary.

Might be worth looking at the small claims court instead for your losses.

Its very cheap to use and often the threat of it or starting a case against a company is enough for them to back down and agree a deal with you as they don't want the bad coverage.

39 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Using a solicitor is very much like betting....only one of the parties involved makes any money....and it won't be you.

I'd be very wary.

Might be worth looking at the small claims court instead for your losses.

Its very cheap to use and often the threat of it or starting a case against a company is enough for them to back down and agree a deal with you as they don't want the bad coverage.

The company has since gone bust (Even though part of there promise was that they'd not go under due to the amount of sales they have made/going to make). I've thought about contacting the liquidators and see if they can assist. Not sure if that's possible though.

12 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

The company has since gone bust (Even though part of there promise was that they'd not go under due to the amount of sales they have made/going to make). I've thought about contacting the liquidators and see if they can assist. Not sure if that's possible though.

Very unlikely you will get anything back then...the liquidators pay off the major creditors first then you might get any scraps that are left but in your circumstances I very much doubt that it's,worth your time and effort even trying.

Probably best to chalk it up to experience mate

what liquidation is in operation, is it a forced liquidation (CL) or a members liquidation or voluntary, you can apply for assets belonging to the value of your losses, was the company already in administration when you had the panels fitted, so many variables but don't just stop fighting because they are under an IP.

11 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Hey guys,

A few years back I was sold Solar Panels for a grand total of around £6,200. I thought I was getting a 4KW system but turned out it was a 2KW.. I've since seen hardly any return on my investment (around £30,£40,£110,£120) at most a year through 4 monthly payments from F.I.T.I don't save on electric bills due to being monthly.

I've contacts solicitors who say I may have a case under mis sold item and maybe able to scrap the whole credit agreement. Has anyone had any dealings with no win no fee? Are my chances at least a little high!? Kind of a tough one in case i screwed over some how.

Well I did my research on solar panels a few years ago and decided they wouldn't payback. So it might be a case of buyer beware. 

On 1/27/2017 at 13:56, Boycie said:

Did the solicitor know the company had gone bust? If he did, he's pulling your pants down even further mate.

He did but apparently the company was under some kind of scheme where you can claim is it FCSC or something along them lines? 

On 1/27/2017 at 14:09, LesterRam said:

what liquidation is in operation, is it a forced liquidation (CL) or a members liquidation or voluntary, you can apply for assets belonging to the value of your losses, was the company already in administration when you had the panels fitted, so many variables but don't just stop fighting because they are under an IP.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/OC367270/filing-history Checking this website appears to be voluntary.They wasn't in administration at the time quite the opposite. Well so they was making out any way!

Archived