Season ticket renewals 17/18

Mafiabob

33 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

But what Clough did bring in that team that Mac then ever so slightly tweaked and turned them into promotion contenders. All keeping that "fighting for each other" work ethic that Clough instilled into the team.

Then Morris comes along sacks McLaren, chucks all the hard work we were doing the last few years and turned us into a team that buys **** overpaid mercenaries.

If we stuck with that Clough/McLaren philosophy we'd have been in a much better position then we are now.

Whilst true the cheques were signed by Mel, you forget the managers are given full freedom with signings, in and out and will not be overruled as long as it's within what we can afford.

Might need to look in Mr Clements direction.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst true the cheques were signed by Mel, you forget the managers are given full freedom with signings, in and out and will not be overruled as long as it's within what we can afford.

Might need to look in Mr Clements direction.

i can't look in Clements direction when Mel seems to stick his nose in at every opportunity. If he was like a Bill Kenwright or a Steve Gibson then I'd agree with you.

3 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

i can't look in Clements direction when Mel seems to stick his nose in at every opportunity. If he was like a Bill Kenwright or a Steve Gibson then I'd agree with you.

Makes no sense, your complaint is all the signings yet the signings were asked for by the manager. If Mel did stick his nose in and said you're not having those you would have been happy, but he didn't and you blame him for sticking his nose in.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Makes no sense, your complaint is all the signings yet the signings were asked for by the manager. If Mel did stick his nose in and said you're not having those you would have been happy, but he didn't and you blame him for sticking his nose in.

We're not going to change each others mind on this let's be honest :lol:

3 hours ago, David said:

Not renewing myself, nothing at all to do with the football, sackings, appointments, just money. This season has been an abosolute write off, not been since December through illness. Putting that to one side all the fixtures we would have missed through the missus working or Sky moving we would have been just as better off buying individual tickets and moving around like gypo's

Still keep logging in, hovering over the renewal button for a few minutes, thinking I kinda like these seats. Going to be a long 24hrs

Might not even be possible, financially or otherwise, but couldn't you offer up the seats as prizes in forum competitions etc when you can't attend?

Extra site traffic might cover some of the costs, and you've probably got the contacts at the clubs end to make it worth looking into?

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Might not even be possible, financially or otherwise, but couldn't you offer up the seats as prizes in forum competitions etc when you can't attend?

Extra site traffic might cover some of the costs, and you've probably got the contacts at the clubs end to make it worth looking into?

Not possible, contacted the ticket office about transferring individual tickets to someone but they wouldn't, you have to give them all your details name, home address, dob, fan ID, seat number and they can get a ticket printed off at the office on the day.

The other option they had was to transfer the whole ST to them.

Didnt want to give up on going this season, self medical on the morning of each game kinda thing. 

14 minutes ago, David said:

Not possible, contacted the ticket office about transferring individual tickets to someone but they wouldn't, you have to give them all your details name, home address, dob, fan ID, seat number and they can get a ticket printed off at the office on the day.

The other option they had was to transfer the whole ST to them.

Didnt want to give up on going this season, self medical on the morning of each game kinda thing. 

I've missed quite a few games this season through injury, so I know how you feel.

Shame though, can't help thinking the club are missing out on another revenue stream though, plenty of other clubs allow it.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've missed quite a few games this season through injury, so I know how you feel.

Shame though, can't help thinking the club are missing out on another revenue stream though, plenty of other clubs allow it.

Even a small transfer fee would be better than leaving empty seats. 

I contacted them a while back about tickets to give away on the site, not for free but to buy but they had to be purchased with your fan ID.

Ended up being too much hassle so did Megastore vouchers instead

2 hours ago, David said:

I contacted them a while back about tickets to give away on the site, not for free but to buy but they had to be purchased with your fan ID.

I've had a quick look on the corporate season long seats available on the OS, and even the cheapest ones are only suitable for medium/large businesses.

There must be a gap in the market the club are missing, I'm thinking of the hundreds, if not more of fans who are self employed, or run very small businesses who would like to reward customers/potential clients/employees with a few match tickets as a sweetener, and of course use the match tickets themselves when available.

Plumbers, Sparky's, Gardener's and forum owners, the demand is surely there, and the club could meet it with very little effort if it wanted too.

Those small businesses can grow into large ones over time, today's holder of a couple of corporate season tickets could be tomorrow's box owner.

On 01/04/2017 at 14:27, GeneralRam said:

The States. Got a transfer with the company I work for. Just going through the Visa process now.

They've got plenty of airports pal. Bloody half fans. Get renewed. ;)

Anyone who's hovering over the button to renew tickets...do it.

Next year's the year. I can feel it in my bones.

(Just like every year, but that's not the point. THIS time i'm right)

Oh, well too late...

2 hours ago, needles said:

Anyone who's hovering over the button to renew tickets...do it.

Next year's the year. I can feel it in my bones.

(Just like every year, but that's not the point. THIS time i'm right)

Oh, well too late...

I've been saying that for the past 33 years - and I can count on one hand the number of times it actually has been 'the year' - but on the other hand, long periods of crapness make the good times even better....

57 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I've been saying that for the past 33 years - and I can count on one hand the number of times it actually has been 'the year' - but on the other hand, long periods of crapness make the good times even better....

By my rough reckoning Gaspode, we've been promoted or relegated 8 times since 83/84 - four of each. We're well overdue an exciting season statistically. Let's hope it's an upwards one. 

There are clubs that haven't had anything much happen to them in that time

On 1 April 2017 at 16:00, David said:

Yet they seem to supply loads of tickets to some companies/ organisations to give out as complimentaries?

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Yet they seem to supply loads of tickets to some companies/ organisations to give out as complimentaries?

Makes sense doesn't it? Wasn't after freebies either, was paying full price. I'm guessing they must have some kind of agreements set up or it's the marketing team which have been assigned a bunch to hand out 

Archived