Forum Introductions

davenportram

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I'm Donny Ram, originally from Sandiacre but have spent the last 25 years or so in South Yorkshire. Converted my wife from a Rovers fan to a Rams fan and the kids had no choice. We are all STH's (mine since 1970 in the Ley Stand at the BBG), we manage about a dozen away games each year as well.

I remember the great times of old, the not so good times, the really bad times and I'm witnessing the Rams resurgence under young Nigel.

Hi I'm Donny Ram, originally from Sandiacre but have spent the last 25 years or so in South Yorkshire. Converted my wife from a Rovers fan to a Rams fan and the kids had no choice. We are all STH's (mine since 1970 in the Ley Stand at the BBG), we manage about a dozen away games each year as well.

I remember the great times of old, the not so good times, the really bad times and I'm witnessing the Rams resurgence under young Nigel.

proper fan......like your style..:D

BigAl

Hi, I'm BigAl, come over to this forum after DET finished (formerly Sawley Ram). Went to my first game 1956 and been hooked ever since.

I have seen 24 managers at the Rams since 1956.

Health restricts the number of games go to per season but it is still 50% of home games with the occasional away game.

C'mon ewe Rams!

I am the oldest on here. Been supporting the Rams since the late 60's.

Sorry, old fart, but I'm older - went to my first game at BBG in 1951!

Went away this weekend and got back to find you'd all packed up and moved here from DET! I'd only just got brave enough to post on there after reading it for 6 years! Taken by my dad ( name Archie, thus my username). Never been able to be a regular at games but carry the Rams flame in my heart!!!!

Don't see that many games now - distance( live on s. coast), health and finance! But when I do it's with my son and 3 grandaughters, the 7 yr old's 1st game was v Palace, think she might expect that every time! Anyway, we're getting to the PNE game, so who knows?:)

I'm ESR - ex-pat of the DET forums and some others including 606 (back in the day)

ESR stands for EastStandRam - which used to be my moniker on other forums before being given the nickname by the other members.

I'm from near Ripley, and I used to have a season ticket for a number of seasons but other commitments mean I currently can't make every game, but looking to change that next season.

I used to be a season ticket holder, went with my dad but lost the passion for the game after he died. Was a regular during the 90's.

Got back into it after the romance of Clough managing our club and am chuffed things are looking to have turned a corner for him. Big fan of the 4:2:3:1 formation, the type of football we play and am optimistic beyond realistic.

I'm technically homeless, live in a hostel, jobless (looking, promise) and soon to be educating myself in social sciences and psychology with the open university. Hopefully become a psychologist one day as well as a DCFC season ticket holder once again.

Hope to enjoy much conversation, and maybe my optimism will be justified with some great results over this month and beyond.

C'MON EWE RAMS.

Sorry chaps, I just followed on from Norfolk. The DET forum was known for it's multiple threads, fingers crossed we can get out the habit on here.:redface:

Archived