Forum Introductions

davenportram

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew you knew the answer somehow!:p Played for Gresley Rovers didn't he? I played for them under someone elses name once!

I knew my old programmes would come in useful sometime.

I believe so, he played for a few local teams. Haha that is brilliant, sounds like Sunday morning football!!:D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

New to the forum, regular reader of this forum and the old DET but never a talker. Used to have a season ticket in the east stand, but financial constraints (Apprenticeship wage -.-) have meant i'm currently taking a break from watching the rams :( Just thought i'd pop in and say hi!

Hi all,

New to the forum, regular reader of this forum and the old DET but never a talker. Used to have a season ticket in the east stand, but financial constraints (Apprenticeship wage -.-) have meant i'm currently taking a break from watching the rams :( Just thought i'd pop in and say hi!

Hello there! :)

Anyone from South Wales on here.

I know there are a few from the Neath area that support the Rams.

Went to Swansea in 1982. Good turn out from the Derby boys and it was a lively do before the game in and around Swansea town centre.

A bit of a melee ocurred during the first half which led to the welsh constabulary invading the away fans enclosure. Yours truly, (along with a good few others), was led away to a waiting black maria (ask yer dad!) and deposited in a secure place in the bowels of Swansea nick.

After enduring the ritual humiliations of having your laces and belts removed we ended up in a communal cell. 7 Derby fans, 15 Swansea.

It was like a scene out of the Shawshank Redemption.

Luckily, we all had summat in common, like being drunken working class lads who loved football.

Ended up in a miners club in Port Talbot until 2.00am and got back to Derby at 5.00am on a coach load of Derbyshire miners. We had to go back to court in Swansea the following wednesday and got fined £100 each. We had a good drink on a wet afternoon with some serious Swansea hooligans who told us some raite horror stories about their battles with Cardiff.

Good days. Always wondered what happened to the big fireman from Chaddesden who insisted on wanting to fight "all the welsh *****".:)

Went to Swansea in 1982. Good turn out from the Derby boys and it was a lively do before the game in and around Swansea town centre.

A bit of a melee ocurred during the first half which led to the welsh constabulary invading the away fans enclosure. Yours truly, (along with a good few others), was led away to a waiting black maria (ask yer dad!) and deposited in a secure place in the bowels of Swansea nick.

After enduring the ritual humiliations of having your laces and belts removed we ended up in a communal cell. 7 Derby fans, 15 Swansea.

It was like a scene out of the Shawshank Redemption.

Luckily, we all had summat in common, like being drunken working class lads who loved football.

Ended up in a miners club in Port Talbot until 2.00am and got back to Derby at 5.00am on a coach load of Derbyshire miners. We had to go back to court in Swansea the following wednesday and got fined £100 each. We had a good drink on a wet afternoon with some serious Swansea hooligans who told us some raite horror stories about their battles with Cardiff.

Good days. Always wondered what happened to the big fireman from Chaddesden who insisted on wanting to fight "all the welsh *****".:)

Sounds quality that mate. Would've loved to have been around in them days.

Sounds quality that mate. Would've lived to have been around in them days.

lol, good days, but honestly sometimes, they were 'bad'. Walking away from the ground in a big group and someone starts to run, for their bus, and about a hundred fans start running with him, lol, scares him to death, he starts running faster........hell let loose.

Walking up to the popside, to the left, is the mens - a walk in, pi55, and walk out - lol, nice for them, we however, have wet shoes, just walking past. BBG was good, but I think we have selective memories, we had some **** times there as well. Freezing cold, tuesday nights, in the fog.......It's what you make it.

lol, good days, but honestly sometimes, they were 'bad'. Walking away from the ground in a big group and someone starts to run, for their bus, and about a hundred fans start running with him, lol, scares him to death, he starts running faster........hell let loose.

Walking up to the popside, to the left, is the mens - a walk in, pi55, and walk out - lol, nice for them, we however, have wet shoes, just walking past. BBG was good, but I think we have selective memories, we had some **** times there as well. Freezing cold, tuesday nights, in the fog.......It's what you make it.

We've all got our own memories of those days Mrs Ram. And yes, some of them were fookin horrible, but, mostly, it were all good!

" WE ARE THE DERBY, THE MIDLANDS WE RULE!"

"YOU'RE GOIN' HOME IN A DERBY AMBULANCE"

"D, D, R, I,...DERBYSHIRE ROYAL INFIRMARY, AND THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL BE SPENDING THE NIGHT,

IN DERBYSHIRE ROYAL INFIRMARY!

:rofl:

Archived