Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

6 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Much rather sign ol Watkins than Wildshit or Sako 

Watkins over Sako??? Honestly???

One's a young player with potential, the other, on his day, at this level at least, is a match-winner. Sadly it looks as though Sako can be discounted from what he's been reported as saying about staying at Palace to fight for his place.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

One's a young player with potential, the other, on his day, at this level at least, is a match-winner. Sadly it looks as though Sako can be discounted from what he's been reported as saying about staying at Palace to fight for his place.

Don't get me wrong sako is good but very expensive

2 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Don't get me wrong sako is good but very expensive

If the quoted £4m is close to being accurate then, at todays' ridiculously inflated fees, that represents a bargain. That's 1 Vydra = 2 Sako's  (I like Vydra and think he'll end up being a decent player for us but Sako could be all we need to move us forward, this season to the playoffs).

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

In all fairness since he has said he wants to stay. They have signed Schlupp and Van Aanholt. So maybe his stance has changed? 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Van Aanholt is a full back isn't he so wouldn't affect Sako's position?

There was some debate earlier whether they'd be signing Schlupp as a FB or Winger... The signing of Van Aanholt suggests Schlupp is there as a winger... 

Our scouting system seems very lacking in that we either to have great difficulty in identifying young talent or when we do, we don't have the conviction to actually follow through and get that talent to the club.

As a club we seem very reactive in what we do rather than being proactive. Some times you need to take an educated chance on a young player. Sometimes a little monetary speculation can/may lead to a large gain.

If you don't try you will not succeed. 

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Just got back from Exeter v Wycombe. Watkins on second half sub. Made one and scored a cracker going round last man and keeper to score. Hope we get him in the summer. City fans relieved he is staying.

but he was a sub to start with?

• 2 weeks later...

A workmate of mine, who is a regular at Exeter city matches(being an avid fan of the Grecians) told me last week that word is its a done deal and Ollie Watkins is joining the Rams in the summer for £2.25M. He states that a couple of home games ago the fans were talking about it on the terraces. So if its true it could be a good deal for both clubs.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was hoping we had done a deal that would see him join at the end of the season.

He does look a good tidy player, 2.25 million seems steep however?

I thought £8m was a little steep for Vydra but we paid it under that clown Nigel Pearson. This lad Ollie is also younger and possibly hungrier than our Czech mate.

Archived