Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County are interested in signing Ollie Watkins from Exeter City in the summer transfer window, according to The Sun on Sunday (print edition, page 63, May 14, 2017).

It has been reported by the British tabloid that Derby are set to make an offer of £3 million for the 21-year-old midfielder.

It has also been claimed that Exeter are likely to sell the youngster once the League Two playoffs are over.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/14/report-derby-county-to-make-3m-offer-for-ollie-watkins/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

He assisted the first goal. Had a part to play in the build up of the other two. had a perfectly good goal disallowed and assisted another perfectly good goal that was disallowed. WAs marked by 2 players much of the time. 

Looks a championship level player but £3m up front seems steep.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

He assisted the first goal. Had a part to play in the build up of the other two. had a perfectly good goal disallowed and assisted another perfectly good goal that was disallowed. WAs marked by 2 players much of the time. 

Looks a championship level player but £3m up front seems steep.

Is it necessarily going to be up front though? I imagine whatever the fee is, I doubt it's going to be all up front. Most deals nowadays are going to include so many clauses, we're not really going to be sure how much he's actually going to cost us eventually. If the offer is £3million, I imagine there will be promotion clauses, goal clauses, resale bonuses etc etc. I remember the Blackman deal was being reported as £3mil but there was no real idea how much of that was up front. I seem to remember a couple reports saying £1.5m and the extra £1.5m if we go up during Blackman's time at the club. I imagine that would be a similar sort of case with Watkins to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Is it necessarily going to be up front though? I imagine whatever the fee is, I doubt it's going to be all up front. Most deals nowadays are going to include so many clauses, we're not really going to be sure how much he's actually going to cost us eventually. If the offer is £3million, I imagine there will be promotion clauses, goal clauses, resale bonuses etc etc. I remember the Blackman deal was being reported as £3mil but there was no real idea how much of that was up front. I seem to remember a couple reports saying £1.5m and the extra £1.5m if we go up during Blackman's time at the club. I imagine that would be a similar sort of case with Watkins to be honest.

That is indeed the point I am making. Brevity is the soul of wit and multi tasking.

Archived