Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing a 2+2=5 here.

they played Grimsby a couple of games a go and he scored a brilliant third goal for them. Maybe we saw him whilst watching bogle in the same game and then scouted him again. The next game he set up all three goals and was very impressive if reports are to be believed.

looks a good prospect from highlights I've seen on chan 5, but that means sod all.

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Was Malcolm Christie the last time we delved into non league with success? I'm not including the Scottish league. 

Depends on if you call Sir Jake a success?!

Not done bad down the years with a few. Phil Gee springs to mind, even big Roger, though I've only seen the clips.

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

On the DET now too.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-rams-tipped-to-land-exeter-city-forward/story-30083550-detail/story.html

Does anyone else get way more excited about lower league signings than big money players? 

Don't get excited either way, Aston Villa sign them all anyway- no use getting your hopes up!

44 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Depends on if you call Sir Jake a success?!

Not done bad down the years with a few. Phil Gee springs to mind, even big Roger, though I've only seen the clips.

Kevin Wilson would be the most successful down the years, cost £20k from Banbury United.

Scored 30 goals from 124 appearances for us , and we got a decent fee (about £200k?) when we
sold him to Ipswich. 

Ipswich and Chelsea saw the best of him - 98 games and 34 goals for Ipswich, 152 games and 42 goals for Chelsea.

Played on in the lower divisions until he was about 40 years old.

Also played 42 times for Northern Ireland.    

Archived