Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

That's nearly half the team changed compared with the starting eleven against Reading.

4 players, two of which are returning from suspension and two of which are coming back from injury. Imo that is the strongest line up we can put out, and I wouldn't want a weakened changed team for this game, although tbf you could leave Bent and Baird in and it wouldn't make a lot of difference to the overall quality

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Against West Brom he did it well, Leeds awful, Reading average.

However, Johnson who tackles and heads the ball like a one man army can't do anything with the ball when he gets it. My preference is for quality on the ball over brute force. I get why some fans prefer it the other way.

I want Johnson in my team for his physical presence in both boxes. Not sure he gets forward enough but then nobody does anymore sadly. Bryson presses but does little else IMO (Yes good assist to Ince but anyone should be able to make that pass) and Butterfield is so horizontal he is planking. So who is the best to partner Hughes? Hhmm. Million dollar question.

That is such a good post. (Because I think that too ;))

i want to stick with De Saart .. He has some vision and wants to play the forward ball. He isn't strong, that's pretty obvious but I suspect he will get fitter and more confident. We lacked muscle in midfield, Will can't do that and create at the same time ( although I am amazed at how Will has gained a flame hardened core in the last 12 months ) he needs a strong man and a ball winner with him and I vote for Johnno too. 

Butterfield is technically good has a bit of everything but no seriously strong area. Bryson, well yes, he looked a bit better late on Saturday, but I can't help feeling against a top side he is going to struggle with a certain lack of physicality and his pace is 5% off what it was 2 years ago. 

What price Elsnik on the bench ? And have we seen Hanson and Hughes ? 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

I was told my a certain @rynny that I would be doing the next FA cup thread because we won in the cup.

But turns out he doesn't know anything :ph34r:

FRAUD!!!!

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I can confirmed I saw that.. :huh:

1 hour ago, David said:

Winner stays on be it League, cup, friendly or Subbuteo, ignore Rynny

Err excuse me but you had agreed with @reveldevil that you would do the FA cup games only. Since you started the Leeds game you lose all rights and forfeit the FA cup rights. Not my fault you got greedy, and wanted all the glory for yourself.

EZfT8Z.gif

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Err excuse me but you had agreed with @reveldevil that you would do the FA cup games only. Since you started the Leeds game you lose all rights and forfeit the FA cup rights. Not my fault you got greedy, and wanted all the glory for yourself.

EZfT8Z.gif

My totally selfless plan to take us to the end of the season hit a Norwich sized rock anyway!

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Against West Brom he did it well, Leeds awful, Reading average.

However, Johnson who tackles and heads the ball like a one man army can't do anything with the ball when he gets it. My preference is for quality on the ball over brute force. I get why some fans prefer it the other way.

I want Johnson in my team for his physical presence in both boxes. Not sure he gets forward enough but then nobody does anymore sadly. Bryson presses but does little else IMO (Yes good assist to Ince but anyone should be able to make that pass) and Butterfield is so horizontal he is planking. So who is the best to partner Hughes? Hhmm. Million dollar question.

Johnson is certainly a big asset in both boxes but one thing I'm concerned with when he's played further forward (besides the lack of quality on the ball) is whether he has the athleticism to go box to box and break beyond the forward line ? To play that role effectively you need to have a bit of pace and be supremely athletic in order to make those surging off the ball runs, getting beyond the forward line.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Wonder if she"ll be wearing a half and half scalf?, as she'll get plenty of footage on the BBC as she sits next to the dug out, she needs to dug out what she's wearing here, I do believe she wore it to raise money for charity.

112cwo8.jpg

Fair play but wouldn't be seen dead in one of those red dog things. 

This friday night lets have a sea of black and white night lets send the lads to glory all the way this time. Lets have scaves flags ballions maybe have some fa cups trupies around with black and white rippions. But lets also send the lads to glory in the league we can still do this even if through the play offs.:thumbsup:

Just now, B4ev6is said:

This friday night lets have a sea of black and white night lets send the lads to glory all the way this time. Lets have scaves flags ballions maybe have some fa cups trupies around with black and white rippions. But lets also send the lads to glory in the league we can still do this even if through the play offs.:thumbsup:

Cracking idea, but I'm all out of Trupies, could you bring 2?

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

"League champions twice, you'll never sing that"

Hoping we'll sing this on Friday that'll shut Leicester lot ?????

Archived