Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamsPolls said:

Nah this is your thread bro! 

Miss communication for the mods :whistle:. Winner stays on the match day threads. 

I hand you the reigns. 

:lol:

Just now, RamsPolls said:

I was told my a certain @rynny that I would be doing the next FA cup thread because we won in the cup.

But turns out he doesn't know anything :ph34r:

FRAUD!!!!

I can confirmed I saw that.. :huh:

40 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Against West Brom he did it well, Leeds awful, Reading average.

However, Johnson who tackles and heads the ball like a one man army can't do anything with the ball when he gets it. My preference is for quality on the ball over brute force. I get why some fans prefer it the other way.

I want Johnson in my team for his physical presence in both boxes. Not sure he gets forward enough but then nobody does anymore sadly. Bryson presses but does little else IMO (Yes good assist to Ince but anyone should be able to make that pass) and Butterfield is so horizontal he is planking. So who is the best to partner Hughes? Hhmm. Million dollar question.

Yes it's not the easiest one. I too want Johnson in their for his physical presence but think it's better needed defensively in open play, and in both boxes at set pieces. Thought De Sart, while better against Reading than Leeds, offered very little, particularly in a defensive manner. And it's vital to have someone trying to cut off the supply line to Vardy et al.

Carson

cyrus.               Keough.                          Pearce.          Olson

.                            Desart.                     Brad

.            Ince.                         Hughes.                  Russell

.                                             Nugent/bent?

hughes free to roam and link us wherever he wants when we have the ball and drop in without it

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The thing that worries me playing De Sart is that against Reading there were instances where opposition players were breezing through our midfield. There was no screen in front of the defense for the first 30 minutes of the match. Johnson isn't perfect in that position but he at least gets stuck in.

I'm glad Johnson didn't play vs. Reading, the way the game went, he'd have been sent off again.

Anyway, to Fester. Unchanged, at a guess, but with a couple of question marks.

In the aftermath of the Reading game, Mac said Bryson took a whack and struggled through the second half. Will we see Johnson step back in? I think we missed his aerial presence.

Christie or Baird? Baird has played well since Christie's injury, and hasn't really done anything to warrant being dropped. Think we'll see Baird start, Christie to come on around the 70 minute mark.

Start Christie, give him a run out in a game that doesn't matter and take him off if he's struggling. No worries. If they play a diamond similar to Leeds, so attacking full-backs is a must if we want to stretch them.

My Leicester mate says they're completely out of ideas at the moment and just trying to hit it over the top, in which case I'd put in Johnson to win the aerial battle. Hughes and Bryson obviously played well, I'd keep them in.

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Olsson

Johnson

Hughes Bryson

Ince Bent Russell

This game has more riding on it for me than the rest of you, I'm not a believer but if you want to pray for me, I'll be okay with it.

Archived