Feb is tough...

nfb

9 hours ago, Tombo said:

Am I missing something? Tricky game in Newcastle away but then 5 games against bottom half opposition, 2 of which are in the bottom 3?

You beat me to it Tombo...games against Bristol City, Cardiff, Blackburn and Burton, all winnable and I think a decent result at Villa is a possibility. Expect to lose at Newcastle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Can you not remember the season, I think it was 88, or 89, season and we won 2-1 , goals from Deano and Goddard, and yes I was there as a 17 year old, great days under mr Cox. Once a ram always a ram.

Nope - wasnt at that one Wouldn't have been there as was at other end of country,  skint. 

That's nearly 30 years ago  (although I guess we haven't been there more than half a dozen times since).

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You beat me to it Tombo...games against Bristol City, Cardiff, Blackburn and Burton, all winnable and I think a decent result at Villa is a possibility. Expect to lose at Newcastle.

The odds are that the Blackburn game will be rearranged due to the FA cup, obviously after we perform heroically against fester but Blackburn will probably beat Blackpool as well.

12 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I'm nervous about the next few months as we always seem to slide downhill towards the end , normally we've been in a far better position by this time of the year than what we are now , and I feel like we are really going to struggle if you do make it into the play offs as there are a lot of strong sides this year i.e. Leeds who frighten me

Before though we were always first or second and then we had some major injuries mess the season up. This time (fingers crossed) our injury woes on the whole are behind us. We are in touching distance of the play offs and always seem better chasing and trying to win games. 

With a bit of luck we can maintain the momentum and be in the play offs come May.

On 23/01/2017 at 08:58, Duracell said:

Remember when we got 11 points in one season?

I spent a month of that season in a coma. When I finally emerged from the coma, I realised that I'd had it better than many Derby fans.

I think I missed only 1 of our 11 and woke up on the Thursday before the West Ham 5-0 win at PPS.

That should be remembered more for the 'O' falling off the Derby County sign.

22 hours ago, Tombo said:

Am I missing something? Tricky game in Newcastle away but then 5 games against bottom half opposition, 2 of which are in the bottom 3?

Exactly, a bit of momentum and that's a tidy run of fixtures. Newcastle aren't exactly infallible this season - excellent, but beatable. 

Leeds/Norwich/Reading is what I'd call a tough run. 

Archived