Sat 4th - Barnsley H
Tues 7th - Preston H
Sat 11th - Brighton (FA Cup Round 6) A
Sat 18th - Nottingham Forest  A

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I thought the last time we won at villa park that Black Death stalked the land and we still ruled half of France :lol:

Can you not remember the season, I think it was 88, or 89, season and we won 2-1 , goals from Deano and Goddard, and yes I was there as a 17 year old, great days under mr Cox. Once a ram always a ram.

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Can you not remember the season, I think it was 88, or 89, season and we won 2-1 , goals from Deano and Goddard, and yes I was there as a 17 year old, great days under mr Cox. Once a ram always a ram.

There also, iirc was in the middle of the run of Deanos consecutive goals (was it around 7 consecutive matches) and also included teh fantastic 'McMinn' game at WHL.

Brilliant days indeed

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

As a brummie, I remember it well, Deano lept up like a salmon to power a header in. A magical moment for me, I can picture it still. 

I'm nervous about the next few months as we always seem to slide downhill towards the end , normally we've been in a far better position by this time of the year than what we are now , and I feel like we are really going to struggle if you do make it into the play offs as there are a lot of strong sides this year i.e. Leeds who frighten me

As long as we have two proper attacking full backs in the side I fancy us against anyone. Drop any points in those home games we won't have any excuses, need to be winning those. We've got all our players coming back, we are currently in our tough period IMO.

2 hours ago, nfb said:

I'm always curious about our views on here. Sadly i cant see us getting more than about 9/10 points in Feb, there are 5 tricky games ahead and i'm wondering if people are realistic about what we might get from the very busy and difficult schedule.

Its not doom and gloom just my view.. and im curious as to what others feel, will 9/10 points from 5 games be good or will be looking for the razor blades...

Not bothered how many points we get as long as we play well.

I just want the team to look like a team, be in the oppositions faces, closing them down and be on the front foot. 

Ince and Hughes are the two best players in the league. Steve needs to give them orders to terrify defenders, close them down and force mistakes. The wide men and midfield need to push on as soon as they see those two closing down and we'll pin teams back and dominate games and fill @Carl Sagan's black hole with @Inverurie Ram's songs and flags.

34 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not bothered how many points we get as long as we play well.

I just want the team to look like a team, be in the oppositions faces, closing them down and be on the front foot. 

Ince and Hughes are the two best players in the league. Steve needs to give them orders to terrify defenders, close them down and force mistakes. The wide men and midfield need to push on as soon as they see those two closing down and we'll pin teams back and dominate games and fill @Carl Sagan's black hole with @Inverurie Ram's songs and flags.

No they arent.

If they were we would be in the top 6 already and probably be in the premier league already.

Theres loads of players id take over these two Shelvey and Knockhart are 2 of them.

7 hours ago, jagerbob said:

No they arent.

If they were we would be in the top 6 already and probably be in the premier league already.

Theres loads of players id take over these two Shelvey and Knockhart are 2 of them.

Sorry, meant to say imo.

Looks like you missed it as well.....

According to the BBC website a University has devised a computer programme to predict the outcome of this season based on various criteria such as the difficulty of the forthcoming fixtures, the strength of the squad, and reliance on key players. The programme predicts Derby to finish fifth on 73 points with the current teams remaining in the top sixth apart from Huddersfield who presumably drop out due to a small squad and a brutal set of fixtures in April.

73 points means a further 30 from 19 games which I believe is achievable..

10 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I was there also, great day.

Archived