Feb is tough...

nfb

I'm always curious about our views on here. Sadly i cant see us getting more than about 9/10 points in Feb, there are 5 tricky games ahead and i'm wondering if people are realistic about what we might get from the very busy and difficult schedule.

Its not doom and gloom just my view.. and im curious as to what others feel, will 9/10 points from 5 games be good or will be looking for the razor blades...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at February though, I don't actually think it's that tough. Three home games where we should be picking up maximum points from. Away to second bottom, again you'd hope we can get three points. Villa away will be tough but they're hot and cold. We're just as likely to win there as we are to lose. Newcastle is the only game where I would expect us to lose. I'm predicting 12 or 13 points from 18 overall.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Why did I remain a Derby fan after witnessing that when I was a young kid, I mean the signs were there!

At least we can't be that bad again. No one ever will be.

That's the thing - people forget how terrible we were, and we should use it to get a sense of perspective. Here we are, wondering if we'll get 11 points in just one month...

Every single season, a few Derby fans get all excited about Sunderland losing two games in a row in August - "could our record be broken??"  - when more often than not, the team at the foot of the table already has more points by Christmas than we got all season. That record is not going to be broken in anyone's lifetime.

Feb is tough, but not as tough as 2007/08. We were a League One side trapped in the best league in the world. 

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

At least we can't be that bad again. No one ever will be.

That's the thing - people forget how terrible we were, and we should use it to get a sense of perspective. Here we are, wondering if we'll get 11 points in just one month...

Every single season, a few Derby fans get all excited about Sunderland losing two games in a row in August - "could our record be broken??"  - when more often than not, the team at the foot of the table already has more points by Christmas than we got all season. That record is not going to be broken in anyone's lifetime.

Feb is tough, but not as tough as 2007/08. We were a League One side trapped in the best league in the world. 

Indeed you would hope we'll never witness anything like that again, but Nigel Pearson bloody well tried his best!

On 1/22/2017 at 22:10, Millenniumram said:

Indeed you would hope we'll never witness anything like that again, but Nigel Pearson bloody well tried his best!

It takes an unfathomable level of endeavor to maintain those heights of ineptitude over an entire season. Pearson wasn't up to the challenge.

4 minutes ago, admira said:

Is it so tough playing 3 of the bottom 5 and 16th place Cardiff?

And 13th place Villa who haven't won since Boxing Day. If Newcastle wasn't there then we'd be looking at a pretty decent month in terms of 'winnable' games.

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We should be looking at 12 points, a 4 game winning run...we will lose to Newcastle and Villa.

We will not lose against villa, in fact I will predict a 2 -1 victory to the mighty Rams against villa. We will probably get a draw against Newcastle as well, as Mr Mac will get the lads fired up, and a Ince wonder goal will give us a  1-1 draw, well that what I hope for anyway, lol.

Archived