Toys R Us Parking Changes

Tony Le Mesmer

Am I mad for parking the other side of the station? a few quid on the meter or fiver in some of the businesses opening their car parks and never had a problem.

Longer walk to the ground, but it's not really a problem to get away after. I see all the "hour to get out of the car park" comments and think why park there then?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Am I mad for parking the other side of the station? a few quid on the meter or fiver in some of the businesses opening their car parks and never had a problem.

Longer walk to the ground, but it's not really a problem to get away after. I see all the "hour to get out of the car park" comments and think why park there then?

I do the same, £2.30, free for night games. Easy getaway back to the M1..

Used to park on that waste ground by the station, Pride Park side and it's a mare getting away. 

Toys r us is the easiest of the car parks on pride park to get out of, i live in Kilburn and can easily be home for 5.20 and i dont leave matches early.

9 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Regarding parking in Chad, I used to years ago until they whacked parking restrictions on on that housing estate on matchdays. Assumed it was cause residents complained about it. Have the restrictions been lifted now?

On Meadow Lane they are still there but not all the side streets have any restrictions.

9 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Regarding parking in Chad, I used to years ago until they whacked parking restrictions on on that housing estate on matchdays. Assumed it was cause residents complained about it. Have the restrictions been lifted now?

We used to park there but it did get more difficult. I have seen some very thoughtless parking at times, people parking opposite drives or partially blocking people in.

I know some residents were parking on the road in front of their homes on match days, cant blame them really, i would probably do the same.

10 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

It's still there, I have friends who work on Pride Park/The Wyvern who park there during office hours.

• 5 months later...

We picked up a season ticket yesterday for parking at ToysRUs. They are allowing 100 only and as of yesterday they had a few left. £100 for the season. They have given us a card to put in the car window. We were allowed to put both our cars reg numbers down as we have 2 and use either but it's not transferable to other fans cars. 

well worth it to us as I finish work late on some match days and at least I know I have a space. 

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

We picked up a season ticket yesterday for parking at ToysRUs. They are allowing 100 only and as of yesterday they had a few left. £100 for the season. They have given us a card to put in the car window. We were allowed to put both our cars reg numbers down as we have 2 and use either but it's not transferable to other fans cars. 

well worth it to us as I finish work late on some match days and at least I know I have a space. 

Got mine before the season had finished, well worth it as you say. So much easier to get out of than some of the other car parks too.

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don't park there but do they reserve a place for you? Do they have a car park attendant?

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I don't park there but do they reserve a place for you? Do they have a car park attendant?

Yes to both. They have 100 reserved spaces and they have guys on the gate. If you don't have a pass the camera will get you and a fine arrives. The beauty is that you are on the outside of the closed off road area and can get away really quick. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Got mine before the season had finished, well worth it as you say. So much easier to get out of than some of the other car parks too.

You're right. We are fed up of sitting going nowhere for 30 mins while they close the road. This car park is perfect to avoid all that 

24 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Yes to both. They have 100 reserved spaces and they have guys on the gate. If you don't have a pass the camera will get you and a fine arrives. The beauty is that you are on the outside of the closed off road area and can get away really quick. 

Yeah I get a bus out and see the waiting cars around the stadium. I was just wondering how they gaurenteed your place. £100 a big lay out. I have only seen pay and displays at Toys 'r' Us so I wasn't sure how they did season tickets.

Archived