Toys R Us Parking Changes

Tony Le Mesmer

We always park at the Travelodge. It's £6 but as stated by others, it's a no-no trying to get away afterwards. We sit in the car and listen to Radio Derby or (occasionally) 'enjoy' a rip-off coffee in the hotel. We really ought to get into the habit of bringing a flask.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, eddie said:

We always park at the Travelodge. It's £6 but as stated by others, it's a no-no trying to get away afterwards. We sit in the car and listen to Radio Derby or (occasionally) 'enjoy' a rip-off coffee in the hotel. We really ought to get into the habit of bringing a flask.

Your close enough to threaten the away fans as they make there way back to the station instead of fannying around with coffee and flasks.

get a grip man.

8 hours ago, ramant62 said:

How much does it cost to park in one of the football ground car parks. We are coming up for the match against Brizzle city and staying at Holiday inn express. Not quite sure how far the walk is from the hotel to the ground, but the misses can't walk too far due to disability  and so we may need to park at the ground.

Travelodge better choice of hotel if you book again, opposite the ground, think it's £3 to park for residents and you have the chance of spotting a wild @eddie pre match

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Your close enough to threaten the away fans as they make there way back to the station instead of fannying around with coffee and flasks.

get a grip man.

I can't run 'em any more. No knees.

On 22/01/2017 at 13:23, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I felt really ill Tamworth upon arriving and parking up / paying. I walked to Sainsburys and then back to the car knowing I just had to get home.I thought I'd feel a bit better once I got there but quite the opposite. I couldn't be bothered to go into store and haggle over the 4 quid the way I was feeling so just went home.

Did you sort your teeth out Tony n get to to the dentist?

13 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Did you sort your teeth out Tony n get to to the dentist?

Got another week on antibiotics then I go back for it pulled.

Interesting the parking in Chaddesdon and walking over the footbridge. I see stacks of people walking over it but as I don't know Derby very well I've got no idea how to actually get my car there.

18 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Got another week on antibiotics then I go back for it pulled.

Interesting the parking in Chaddesdon and walking over the footbridge. I see stacks of people walking over it but as I don't know Derby very well I've got no idea how to actually get my car there.

Nottingham road.

road opposite the petrol station, highfield rd? Walk down to the bottom of that, the footbridge behind Costco is there.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nottingham road.

road opposite the petrol station, highfield rd? Walk down to the bottom of that, the footbridge behind Costco is there.

Got no idea about any of that but thanks boycie. I'll check it out on a map with the details you've given and it should help. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Got no idea about any of that but thanks boycie. I'll check it out on a map with the details you've given and it should help. Cheers.

Postcode for you DE21 6PU, takes you to the road that the footbridge goes to from Toys R Us. Normally spaces available around there.

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

If it's any help, I'm not a local and come up from the south coast and park in Chaddesdon. 

M1, A52 then off at the Chaddesdon ASDA roundabout, up Derby Rd then straight over the next roundabout then a left into Eden Road.

At the bottom you're in Albert Rd so park down the right as far as you can.

Archived