Toys R Us Parking Changes

Tony Le Mesmer

Wasted 4 quid parking at Toys R Us for 10 minutes yesterday before deciding to come home again but the bloke gave me a flyer highlighting parking changes for next season.

It says the number of parking spaces next season is being reduced with priority parking being given to permit holders. Next season they will NOT be selling spaces on the day.

It is because from this February works are to commence on the car park.

As of Feb 1st THIS CURRENT SEASON toys r us will NOT be selling spaces other than to permit holders also.

Permits will be available for purchase from the end of the season.

The end.

Hope that helps some of you. I'll have to get somewhere else to park then. More bloody match day stress.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Wasted 4 quid parking at Toys R Us for 10 minutes yesterday before deciding to come home again but the bloke gave me a flyer highlighting parking changes for next season.

It says the number of parking spaces next season is being reduced with priority parking being given to permit holders. Next season they will NOT be selling spaces on the day.

As of Feb 1st THIS CURRENT SEASON toys r us will NOT be selling spaces other than to permit holders also.

The end.

Hope that helps some of you. I'll have to get somewhere else to park then. More bloody match day stress.

We spotted this, someone had a notice displayed inside their car.

Fortunately for us we got a permit this season for the first time, so we should be able to get one next season.

Its really handy and usually very easy to get out of after the match, so much easier than the fireplace over the road.

Why dont you ring them up and see if you can buy a permit to the end of the season? I would be amazed if there are that many permit holders as its not exactly been advertised widely.

13 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'll have to get somewhere else to park then. More bloody match day stress.

Travelodge for an extra £2. Shorter walk but they close the road off after until the coaches have all left, enough time to down a pint after in the hotel

Toys RUs has been a nightmare. They've sent me £100 penalties on 3 occasions despite paying and then we turn up as usual one match and they say 'no parking'. We knew nothing about the chance to buy permits but when we found out they said no. 

24 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Toys RUs has been a nightmare. They've sent me £100 penalties on 3 occasions despite paying and then we turn up as usual one match and they say 'no parking'. We knew nothing about the chance to buy permits but when we found out they said no. 

We have parked in toys r us for 3 or 4 years now, we only found out about the permit from someone on here.

I have also had a fine through but to be fair when i emailed i got an apology straight back. I would imagine its down to them writing down the reg no wrong when you get there.

You used to be able to park easily but its always full early now.

They arent very good at giving information, we have a permit but didnt even know they corden off an area for permit holders (well sometimes they do).

As a long distance supporter I don't drive in and try to park at PP anymore. Park and Ride from East Midlands Parkway Station at Junction 24 on the M1 is about £5 return - train in at 13.48 and return at 17.21 with a ten miniute journey time. Ideal, misses all the traffic and I'm back on the M1 in much quicker time than queueing to get out of Derby. Hope this is useful for some. 

2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

The end.

I'm being a bit dim here so forgive me. If you'd paid your £4 why did you go home? They wouldn't have taken your money off you if there weren't spaces left. I was lucky and arrived when there were 2 spaces left (plenty of physical spaces but I was 99 out of their 100 allocation). After the car behind me, they were turning people away without taking their money. 

A bit of a shame as it is very handy but no gripe against Toys R US. They are a retail outlet after all and not a car park management company. I understand they have to cater for their customers first and Saturday's must be their busiest day. 

I felt really ill Tamworth upon arriving and parking up / paying. I walked to Sainsburys and then back to the car knowing I just had to get home.I thought I'd feel a bit better once I got there but quite the opposite. I couldn't be bothered to go into store and haggle over the 4 quid the way I was feeling so just went home.

53 minutes ago, Monty said:

As a long distance supporter I don't drive in and try to park at PP anymore. Park and Ride from East Midlands Parkway Station at Junction 24 on the M1 is about £5 return - train in at 13.48 and return at 17.21 with a ten miniute journey time. Ideal, misses all the traffic and I'm back on the M1 in much quicker time than queueing to get out of Derby. Hope this is useful for some. 

@Duracell

11 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I felt really ill Tamworth upon arriving and parking up / paying. I walked to Sainsburys and then back to the car knowing I just had to get home.I thought I'd feel a bit better once I got there but quite the opposite. I couldn't be bothered to go into store and haggle over the 4 quid the way I was feeling so just went home.

Ah, got you now. I thought you were complaining about the parking. Hope you're feeling better. No doubt the result helped. 

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Hope you feel better. I was in two minds myself having been ill for 2 months nearly now. I have decided that friday night will be spent in the warmth of my home watching the leicester game on TV.

How much does it cost to park in one of the football ground car parks. We are coming up for the match against Brizzle city and staying at Holiday inn express. Not quite sure how far the walk is from the hotel to the ground, but the misses can't walk too far due to disability  and so we may need to park at the ground.

4 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

How much does it cost to park in one of the football ground car parks. We are coming up for the match against Brizzle city and staying at Holiday inn express. Not quite sure how far the walk is from the hotel to the ground, but the misses can't walk too far due to disability  and so we may need to park at the ground.

Around £6 to park close to the ground mate. Arrive a little bit early and there's loads of places within a 5 minute walk of the stadium.

Archived