Like/Dislike

David

Likes/Dislikes  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll just encourage people to abuse it. Anonymising it will attract trolls who will just dislike posts for the sake of it.

If it happens then the usernames of the dislikers have to be visible. If someone disliked what I posted, I'd want to see who it was rather than just a number.

I'd rather just leave it as it is above all anyway.

18 hours ago, David said:

Briefly mentioned in another topic the possibility of adding a dislike button to posts, threw a poll up to gauge feedback on the idea. 

Ha ha. Have you looked at the BREXIT/Labour eats its self/Trump threads?

People can get entrenched enough with just 'likes.'

I agree with everyone who takes the 'chocolate buttons only' line. Disliking could be very easy, especially if someone starts a positive thread after our last chance of the play-offs disappears in dull home draw. Might discourage some folk from commenting at all. A 'Player (enter name here) - what do you reckon?' thread that then gets showered in dislikes would be a sad/bad thing.

43 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Ha ha. Have you looked at the BREXIT/Labour eats its self/Trump threads?

People can get entrenched enough with just 'likes.'

Haha - indeed, but at least with no other way to signal your disagreement than putting your alternate argument on the table it stays interesting and requires some level of intellectual engagement.

Otherwise we end up like that episode in the latest season of Black Mirror

On 20/01/2017 at 17:51, richinspain said:

I voted like only. My initial thought was "great, a dislike button!", but after reading other comments I have to say that I prefer things to stay as they are. Whenever I see a notification at the top of the screen I open it up to see if someone has liked a comment of mine, but I think that if you start getting dislikes as others have said they could be used to bully posters. If you disagree with someone's comments surely it's better to make a constructive comment about it (or just put ?? if you prefer),at least the original poster knows what your thoughts are and not  just a dislike. Having said this you could always do a trial run and ask for people's views after using the option.

^^this.

It's fine as it is, otherwise you'd end up with posts like on the Sheffield Wednesday forum with over -200 likes per post, especially with there is an anonymous aspect to it. It may lead to certain users bullying other users by disliking every one of their posts, which would have the effect of stopping people from posting. I'm sure you want this forum to be as active as possible David, introducing a dislike system would go against this in my opinion as people would be afraid to express their opinions.

Is this thread my fault as a result of the Wendies,

'Is Adam Reach the worst footballer ever' thread on their forum,where the poster got over a thousand dislikes.

No dislikes for me.

Nothing wrong with being blunt and honest(as they are here in Sheffield) but I reckon we're a little bit more civilised on here.

I do enjoy the Wendies forum though.

10 hours ago, David said:

I've listened to all the feedback, took into account the poll results and I can confirm the dislike button will be enabled on Monday morning.

I lied. Likes only it is.

Where's that dislike button? ?

Archived