England Cricket 2017

PistoldPete2

This post combines England cricket and DCCC..... Heard the women's score on radio so thought I'd take a look. Quite exciting run chase by England! And pleasant weather in Derby, better than Stockport 50 miles away at the mo!!  Come on England! Any Rams there? 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It was the point where we lost the game. Morris was truly swivel-eyed mad and that was transmitted to the rest of the South Africans and England failed to respond positively. The South African all wanted to be part of it. Not so England.

Have a look, when you watch the incident again, at how much time he spends looking at the fielder and how little time he spends looking at the crease.

I have watched it again. I think he was wrongfooted by being sent back, and that's what caused him to start running diagonally. He can't run down the Middle of the wicket. 

He was not looking at the ball when it hit him, couldn't possibly have been deliberate. A very very strange decision and I'm not surprised that Roy was so upset by it. 

I didnt see the game live so I don't know how england responded but they had a few rookies playing in the middle order who weren't used to the pressure. Morgan and Buttler should have seen them home tho. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I have watched it again. I think he was wrongfooted by being sent back, and that's what caused him to start running diagonally. He can't run down the Middle of the wicket. 

He was not looking at the ball when it hit him, couldn't possibly have been deliberate. A very very strange decision and I'm not surprised that Roy was so upset by it. 

I didnt see the game live so I don't know how england responded but they had a few rookies playing in the middle order who weren't used to the pressure. Morgan and Buttler should have seen them home tho. 

On a side note, there is nothing in cricket to match an angry fast bowler. Morris was great. Though not in the same class, he reminded me of Alan Donald and Curtley Ambrose when they had been wronged. Brought a whole new level to brassed off. 

PistoldPete2

Malan looks a bit useful .

england have lots of options although they still don't seem to be firing on all cylinders

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, of the first 80 or so players to captain England, only 2 made centuries n their first test match as skipper.

Now the last 4 have.

35 minutes ago, eddie said:

Apparently, of the first 80 or so players to captain England, only 2 made centuries n their first test match as skipper.

Now the last 4 have.

How many have made a 150 though? Root now on 150

On 06/07/2017 at 17:41, JoetheRam said:

Root stumped on 149.

Left arm spinner over-stepped to let him off.

Hopefully these two can steer us as close to 400 as possible, because this pitch looks like an absolute road.

Oops

Archived