England Cricket 2017

PistoldPete2

Google's home page doodle today is a mini-game of cricket to celebrate the start of the Champions Trophy!  :D   All you have to do is click the button to swing the bat. So far Ive only managed to get about 30 runs or so

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Australia v New Zealand being called off, just one more win (or two more games rained off - the forecast is not good) will put England into the semi-finals.

On Thursday, June 01, 2017 at 18:56, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure why you reckon he's under-rated. Those I know who are interested in cricket think he's easily England's best test batsman.

What else is better worded then? I do actually rate him mate and very impressive with the stats he's currently at. 

He's definitely best test batsman I agreed. 

On 01/06/2017 at 23:58, Grimbeard said:

Never mind all this talk about the players. The real topic that needs to be discussed is: Where's Bumble?

Watched the match on Sky today, and neither sight, sound or mention of him. It just won't do.

Bumble signed my hat at the game last week, thoroughly bloody nice bloke.

• 2 weeks later...
PistoldPete2

How was Jason Roy given out today? Doesn't obstructing the field have to be deliberate, like handball? It clearly wasn't deliberate as he had his back to the fielder. 

5 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

How was Jason Roy given out today? Doesn't obstructing the field have to be deliberate, like handball? It clearly wasn't deliberate as he had his back to the fielder. 

He ran across to the other side of the pitch. What was his reason for doing that? 

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He ran across to the other side of the pitch. What was his reason for doing that? 

He started to run whilst turning his head to watch the fielder. He carried on his run diagonally because his head was turned in that direction. Seemed a natural movement to me and not intended to obstruct a fielder. 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Fair enough. I thought it was the right decision. That he crossed the pitch while watching the fielder was very suspicious. It just looked like his priority was not making his ground but was making it more difficult for the fielder to hit.

Well I will watch it again, but I think its a natural reaction to watch the fielder... You don't know which end he will be throwing to. And you try running with your head turned, and turning behind you. Anyway he was given out which was a shame as he was getting his form back.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well I will watch it again, but I think its a natural reaction to watch the fielder... You don't know which end he will be throwing to. And you try running with your head turned, and turning behind you. Anyway he was given out which was a shame as he was getting his form back.

It was the point where we lost the game. Morris was truly swivel-eyed mad and that was transmitted to the rest of the South Africans and England failed to respond positively. The South African all wanted to be part of it. Not so England.

Have a look, when you watch the incident again, at how much time he spends looking at the fielder and how little time he spends looking at the crease.

Archived