TalkSport

robglosta

Stuck way up in Lapland I listen to it a lot... Love radio...always have. It's available online so it's on regular. There are some awful shows for me. The ex Chelsea gobsheet on at nights I could happily turn off and often do. Same with the two twits... Sorry, I meant Johns. 

Love Danny Kelly and Goughie. 

The best bit is the " Talksport...the biggest names in sport" ad followed often by Danny Higginbottom and Mick Quinn. :D

Pinch of salt needed with much of it... 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/01/2017 at 17:13, StockholmRam said:

Stuck way up in Lapland I listen to it a lot... Love radio...always have. It's available online so it's on regular. There are some awful shows for me. The ex Chelsea gobsheet on at nights I could happily turn off and often do. Same with the two twits... Sorry, I meant Johns. 

Love Danny Kelly and Goughie. 

The best bit is the " Talksport...the biggest names in sport" ad followed often by Danny Higginbottom and Mick Quinn. :D

Pinch of salt needed with much of it... 

Large pinch of salt with nearly all of it..

I worry about people on here if they're upset by Brazil's "beer necessities" advert and can't see it for what it is...a laugh.

The two Mike's are good, old school..

On 31/01/2017 at 14:12, DerbyMark said:

Large pinch of salt with nearly all of it..

I worry about people on here if they're upset by Brazil's "beer necessities" advert and can't see it for what it is...a laugh.

The two Mike's are good, old school..

It's not just one tongue in cheek advert tho. They are quite amusing used sparingly. 

Woven throughout his show are talk pieces about events he's attending. And then inevitably the first line of conversation seems not about the sport but about hospitality,  how many mates he'll meet , which of them can drink the most etc.......

Then he's often "unwell " the day after so stand ins are needed.

It's basically one long paid stag trip. It's just got over the top and projects a real stereotype of the p****d up brit who can't control himself when confronted with free alcohol.

I just believe that media people should be held to account for portraying a reasonable image. 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

It's not just one tongue in cheek advert tho. They are quite amusing used sparingly. 

Woven throughout his show are talk pieces about events he's attending. And then inevitably the first line of conversation seems not about the sport but about hospitality,  how many mates he'll meet , which of them can drink the most etc.......

Then he's often "unwell " the day after so stand ins are needed.

It's basically one long paid stag trip. It's just got over the top and projects a real stereotype of the p****d up brit who can't control himself when confronted with free alcohol.

I just believe that media people should be held to account for portraying a reasonable image. 

My thoughts exactly.

Another thing that annoys me about Brazil is the amount of times he goes on about holidays all over the world as though slinking off to Val d'isere or Cannes of a weekend is the norm. He has a right to do what he likes with his money obviously but there are lots of listeners out there who struggle to afford a week in Skeggy and this winds me right u. No consideration for his comments and a very crass man.  

22 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

No worries mate - still enjoy mark chapman on the 606 so 5 is a decent shout! :thumbsup:

Yeah 'Chappers' has come a long way from the days when he was second fiddle to Scott Miles on radio 1...he's become an excellent and very knowledgeable broadcaster on a number of sports.

You get better match commentators on 5 aswell..John Murray, Alan Green etc although Saggers on talksport can be quite entertaining when he goes off on one...."pack your bags Hodgson we've had enough" after the Iceland debacle for example lol

26 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Yeah 'Chappers' has come a long way from the days when he was second fiddle to Scott Miles on radio 1...he's become an excellent and very knowledgeable broadcaster on a number of sports.

You get better match commentators on 5 aswell..John Murray, Alan Green etc although Saggers on talksport can be quite entertaining when he goes off on one...."pack your bags Hodgson we've had enough" after the Iceland debacle for example lol

As I've said elsewhere - there are talksport shows that I really enjoy like hawksbee and Jacobs with the Fools' Panel amongst other things :lol:

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

As I've said elsewhere - there are talksport shows that I really enjoy like hawksbee and Jacobs with the Fools' Panel amongst other things :lol:

Fair do's... I listen to both channels, enjoy both actually...Adrian Durham and Jason Cundy get on me tits though...

I listen to Danny Kelly a fair bit on talk, 'cos I first became aware of him as a spotty teenager when he wrote for the NME back in the punk days... same as Danny Baker lol

They've changed beyond recognition, believe me lol

If they flipped all the overnight stuff on 5live it'd be spot on. Check out Dr Carl from down under on most Thu mornings I think between 3-4. He has incredible gen knowledge. Fascinating. I do daft shifts so catch lots of this. Late night after midnight they have phone ins on gardening/car maintenance etc which are interesting even if it's not your bag. Tuffers and Vaughan cricket stint is very good if I catch it. Worst thing I find with 5live is their own ads telling us we're listening to 5live every five minutes. Gave up on all the commercial stations long time ago as many of you have said it's the same banal ads time after time. Driving home from work I bang on my own tunes, random selection. Steve Bloomers watching has me and Robert Lindsey in harmony though I don't have the windows down :D 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

If they flipped all the overnight stuff on 5live it'd be spot on. Check out Dr Carl from down under on most Thu mornings I think between 3-4. He has incredible gen knowledge. Fascinating. I do daft shifts so catch lots of this. Late night after midnight they have phone ins on gardening/car maintenance etc which are interesting even if it's not your bag. Tuffers and Vaughan cricket stint is very good if I catch it. Worst thing I find with 5live is their own ads telling us we're listening to 5live every five minutes. Gave up on all the commercial stations long time ago as many of you have said it's the same banal ads time after time. Driving home from work I bang on my own tunes, random selection. Steve Bloomers watching has me and Robert Lindsey in harmony though I don't have the windows down :D 

To be fair SK Ram it's a trick our own Radio Derby do all the time, telling us we're listening to even the bloody travel on "BBC Radio Derby"..!!

Just turned off 5 Live, can't listen to Fletcher and Jenas...two Nottm boys... it's a no no in my book.

Archived