TalkSport

robglosta

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, robglosta said:

What on earth is going on with that station? Today a segment on the Alan Brazil show with someone from JLS talking about bloody dance, and plugs for god awful TV shows.  

It'll be TalkStuff before you know it. 

Talksport is complete trash, but I really like football and they cover it more than any other radio station. If you're going to listen to it then it's imperative to set shortcuts to radio stations that aren't ****, so you can quickly switch whenever talksport run adverts or one of their transparent advertising segments, like "interviewing" some bloke from Paddy Power.

Stopped listening to it a year ago. Just couldn't stand the adverts and some of the shows were completely awful. The morning show had to be one of the worst things to listen to, there was never any discussion just constant ad breaks and when there wasn't an break it would be a crap interview or a plug for betting. 

I actually complained to talksport about the adverts, most if not all of which would make me detour as far away from the companies advertising as i possibly could.

In particular the infuriatingly monotonous and banal 'tradepoint' advert. My complaint was not the fact that adverts were being aired every 5 minutes but more the fact that the same ones were being trotted out over and over and over and over again. I listen to talksport every day because of the football content (switch off immediately when someone comes on talking about boxing though ) and as a consequence I hear the same old crap every minute of every day.

Alan Brazil is just a cretin. Talksport promote his shows by blatantly glamorising alcohol abuse and gambling addiction. Then you get the bookmakers coming on every two minutes. Nowadays it seems football and betting odds are inseparable. They are as much an important part of the day as the football itself.

Hawksbee and Jacobs are great, I like Danny Murphy and Mark Saggers, Adrian Durham I like even though i know he says stuff to get people ringing in but I do agree with much of what he says.

The two mikes make me head for the nearest viaduct.

If there was a mute feature that could automatically kick in to cut out the adverts and come back on again when the presenters were back on then that would make my day. It would save me reaching for the off switch about 100 times a day.

MESSAGE TO TALKSPORT ADVERTISERS: When you air on talksport you have immediately lost potential customers. Myself and friends and family who I encourage to use other business when relevant. Purely for the fact you are so inane and annoying and unprofessional.

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

talkSport?

talksh*te, more like. Used to enjoy Colin Murray before he left, though.

Colin Murray was the worst one on there . Very little football knowledge, God awful show that talked about ***** . Pleased he's gone . Oh and collymore. 

On the whole it's OK for an hour max . Adrian Durham s entertaining . Hawksby and Jacobs are by far the best 2 presenters on it . 

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I actually complained to talksport about the adverts, most if not all of which would make me detour as far away from the companies advertising as i possibly could.

In particular the infuriatingly monotonous and banal 'tradepoint' advert. My complaint was not the fact that adverts were being aired every 5 minutes but more the fact that the same ones were being trotted out over and over and over and over again. I listen to talksport every day because of the football content (switch off immediately when someone comes on talking about boxing though ) and as a consequence I hear the same old crap every minute of every day.

Alan Brazil is just a cretin. Talksport promote his shows by blatantly glamorising alcohol abuse and gambling addiction. Then you get the bookmakers coming on every two minutes. Nowadays it seems football and betting odds are inseparable. They are as much an important part of the day as the football itself.

Hawksbee and Jacobs are great, I like Danny Murphy and Mark Saggers, Adrian Durham I like even though i know he says stuff to get people ringing in but I do agree with much of what he says.

The two mikes make me head for the nearest viaduct.

If there was a mute feature that could automatically kick in to cut out the adverts and come back on again when the presenters were back on then that would make my day. It would save me reaching for the off switch about 100 times a day.

MESSAGE TO TALKSPORT ADVERTISERS: When you air on talksport you have immediately lost potential customers. Myself and friends and family who I encourage to use other business when relevant. Purely for the fact you are so inane and annoying and unprofessional.

Exactly this Tony.

What sort of message does this send to kids?

They then compound the booze and betting image by weaving those themes through the oh-so-hilarious anecdotes that pepper the conversation pieces. And adding Mickey Quinn into the mix.

The insertion of betting odds and positioning them as some sort of expert forecast rather than a bunch of predatory companies trying to rinse you for your last few quid just rounds off the low rent feeling of it all.

A deeply depressing indictment of our get rich quick obsessed society.

I only listen to it really as its the only station with constant football chat.

Local radio bores me to tears and that's not to mention their Alan partridge-esque topics about the largest strawberry grower in Pocklington punctuated by tepid mid 1980's soft ballads.

BBC Radio 1 is just too quick and loud plus it should be renamed BBC R&B / Rap. Every presenter is loud, cheesy and annoying.

5 live is terrible

By default I listen to talksport

22 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Local radio bores me to tears and that's not to mention their Alan partridge-esque topics about the largest strawberry grower in Pocklington punctuated by tepid mid 1980's soft ballads.

BBC Radio 1 is just too quick and loud plus it should be renamed BBC R&B / Rap. Every presenter is loud, cheesy and annoying.

5 live is terrible

Make 6music your home my friend!

@Tony Le Mesmer you forgot Danny Kelly mate, possibly the most informed person on the station. His Eurovision show on a Sunday is brilliant.

He is definitely a football / sport anorak, and I love listening to that knowledge on the radio. 

I used to like Goldstein and Cundy but it's too scripted every night. 

Jim White is awful. I turn off any show where Ray Wilkins is the co presenter. 

Darren Gough is a laugh, and calls most things like most blokes do. 

Im the opposite to you, any boxing stuff on Talksport is usually quite informed, Hunter J Davis knows his stuff. Horses for courses I guess, talking of which, anything horse racing on the station and I'm not interested. 

At least the Amigo loans advert in no longer, I was singing that in my sleep. 

52 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

5 live is terrible

Couldn't agree with you more Tony. I've just started listening to TS cos I'm getting so fed up with 5live. Can't stand both stations' obsession with a few teams in the PL, can't stand the racist two mikes - their treatment of Bob Bradley was appalling - or the 'let's create an argument otherwise we're boring' approach to life, local radio is awful, BBC and otherwise, and radio 4 is dull.  I'll try radio 6 but I don't want music all day. I get bored.

Would love a decent news and sport station, as 5live used to be before it got too big for its boots. 

Radio x in the morning (Chris Moyles- not everyone's cup of tea but compared with Dick Grimshaw on Radio 1 I'll take it) and Radio 1 on the way home (Greg James). Cannot abide Talkshite.

Occasionally I'll get bored and flick between R5live, radio Derby if I'm in range which isn't often, and Planet Rock.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Radio x in the morning (Chris Moyles- not everyone's cup of tea but compared with Dick Grimshaw on Radio 1 I'll take it) and Radio 1 on the way home (Greg James). Cannot abide Talkshite.

Occasionally I'll get bored and flick between R5live, radio Derby if I'm in range which isn't often, and Planet Rock.

Used to quite like moylsey in his early radio 1 breakfast show days. His mix of his zoo style posse  (the uptight "comedy dave") and dragged along mates like rob dj seemed to work.

Then he too got a bit big for his boots and I got too old.....

Archived