Jamie Hanson - Joined Wigan on loan

David

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think you can a youth loan... But not a standard loan unless it's during a window... 

At 21 not sure if Hanson would be a youth or regular loan

wow, someone must be coming in then, hanson can play in most positions which is probably why its hindering his career.

11 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

wow, someone must be coming in then, hanson can play in most positions which is probably why its hindering his career.

I'm slightly worried that the Wigan manager was talking about his versatility... Think he needs to maintain a CM berth to fully develop his ability...

Reminds me of the Delap situation where we played him all over, never really nailed down one position, sold him and he did for Stoke...

On 1/19/2017 at 15:02, Sparkle said:

Needs to play at what he is good at 

Exactly Sparkle. As a player I was "versatile" which meant over the course of my not-so-glittering career I played centre-half, full-back (L & R), centre midfield, right wing and striker. My strength was my Hoddle-esque 45 yard, pass, on a sixpence of course, and my favourite position was centre midfield. I hardly played there actually as I was also a demon tackler (MacKay-esque in my bath-water, action replays, all played out in my head of course). So when I finally hung up my boats, I mean boots, I felt I'd got centre-midfield unfinished business. Jamie has great talent...but what's his position?

So Jamie, assert yourself and tell Wigan to play you in one position and then make it your own. That's my advice. And tell Jake we still love him. :mellow:

56 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

So Jamie, assert yourself and tell Wigan to play you in one position and then make it your own. That's my advice. And tell Jake we still love him. :mellow:

Do you think if we drop our love letters at Pride Park Jamie will drive them up to Wigan for us?

*cough cough*

I mean not love letters... I didn't say that... I mean proper manly fist bumps and best wishes and all that...

(My letters will be scented with steak... As Bucko ONLY EATS STEAK)

49 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Do you think if we drop our love letters at Pride Park Jamie will drive them up to Wigan for us?

*cough cough*

I mean not love letters... I didn't say that... I mean proper manly fist bumps and best wishes and all that...

(My letters will be scented with steak... As Bucko ONLY EATS STEAK)

Raw, I heard sometimes he doesn't wait for it to be turned from cow to steak.

7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Jamie has great talent...but what's his position?

The thing is does he actually have great talent ? From what I've seen of him I feel the reason why he's struggling to nail a position down is because he has an ok skillset across the board without excelling at anything particular. Sadly, I'm not convinced he will ever become a good enough player to be a regular starter at a top end championship side.

7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Butters should be back now I think, and Bradders will be back in a game... Giving us 5 CMs for 3 positions again which is okay... Plus you'd hope that having 4 injured LBs won't happen again!

I would play him over Butters and move Bradley into a forward position. Butters slows the game down way too much. I find him frustrating to watch. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Struggling to understand wtf Hanson is doing sat on the Wigan bench AGAIN!

At this rate, might as well have been sent to Coventry (and played)

Wigan signed about eight players so he will have to take his chance when it comes 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wigan signed about eight players so he will have to take his chance when it comes 

If they're not going to give him game time then he'd be better off sitting on our bench rather than Wigans' - it's more comfortable.

Bit harsh on Hanson situation here, he's only been at the club 2 weeks.

25th January - Joined

29th January - Man Utd in FA Cup (cup tied)

3rd February - Sheff Wed - on the bench

7th February - Norwich - on the bench

2 tough games for Wigan, stuck with what the manager knows in the middle of the park, even Bogle found himself on the bench the first game after he arrived. 

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sure it's been suggested previously in the thread, but I wonder how much Buxton and Warnock had to do with the Hanson signing.

If Bucko had recommended him as a loan signing, I trust his judgment. 

I do too, just hope young Hanson starts a few games soon, otherwise a bit wasted for me.

Not picking on your comment, could've responded to any post since, but my point flagging it, was if he doesn't start, he might as well been offered a league lower in order to get games, which I think most would agree he needs at this stage in his career.

6 hours ago, Zag zig said:

I do too, just hope young Hanson starts a few games soon, otherwise a bit wasted for me.

Not picking on your comment, could've responded to any post since, but my point flagging it, was if he doesn't start, he might as well been offered a league lower in order to get games, which I think most would agree he needs at this stage in his career.

I agree, he needs to be playing first team games.

Archived