Jamie Hanson - Joined Wigan on loan

David

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Hopefully will get his chance soon. 

Played tonight for 81 minutes, not really mentioned in reports, save being replaced by an attacker in last 10 minutes as they were losing; so no clues to his game.

I hope the loan goes well. I get a bit happy clappy but we really do need a young strong midfielder with some genuine power.

i think Jamie has it in him to do it. I think he is a Bradley Johnson with a bit more precision but lacking experience and guile.

so difficult to know for sure when he has never played 2 games in a row in the same position 

1 hour ago, jono said:

I hope the loan goes well. I get a bit happy clappy but we really do need a young strong midfielder with some genuine power.

i think Jamie has it in him to do it. I think he is a Bradley Johnson with a bit more precision but lacking experience and guile.

so difficult to know for sure when he has never played 2 games in a row in the same position 

You do wonder, if he had been handled properly, that Hanson could really have done a job for us this season.

But it seems that the club have very little confidence in the young players coming through and would prefer to bring in previously unknown reserve players from Premier clubs, who even manage to displace proven top level players at the time doing a great job in the same role who cost the club a club record millions only a year or so ago

In that scenario, the academy players have absolutely no chance, unfortunately.

Short-sighted in my view. 

29 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

You do wonder, if he had been handled properly, that Hanson could really have done a job for us this season.

But it seems that the club have very little confidence in the young players coming through and would prefer to bring in previously unknown reserve players from Premier clubs, who even manage to displace proven top level players at the time doing a great job in the same role who cost the club a club record millions only a year or so ago

In that scenario, the academy players have absolutely no chance, unfortunately.

Short-sighted in my view. 

Jamie largely as Jono points out never seems to play more than 2 games in any position and unfortunately nail down a place because of it.

Compare that to Lowe who I suspect is going to replace Fozzy/Olsson eventually just to prove some do come through. Love Hanson because of his no nonsense tackling, but CDM where he is probably best at the minute is a real hard role to learn and not make obvious mistakes.

Don't know if he will make it with us, I just hope playing at Wigan will improve his fitness and get him noticed. He deserves regular football for someone, as he's just not getting a chance with us.

23 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Jamie largely as Jono points out never seems to play more than 2 games in any position and unfortunately nail down a place because of it.

Haven't you got it the wrong way around? He never plays more than 2 games in any position because he doesn't stand out in that position - try him somewhere else?

He looked a real prospect when he came through a couple of seasons ago - a player who could actually tackle and out-head opposition players much bigger and taller than himself. Tackling seems to be a rare skill in football nowadays. But he seemed to have that skill.

He was never given the opportunity to develop this. Just my opinion but I believe he could well have done a job for us - a bit like a modern day Carsley. 

Bit part roles since then, in and out, rare first team opportunities. Then being asked to play even left back - which he did pretty well at and never tried to hide.

I would like to understand from the club why it is that every transfer window (especially January)  we prefer to disrupt the team and spend significant sums of money on outsiders rather than at least gamble  on home grown players.

In other words , why do we have an academy ? What is its purpose ?

On 23/02/2017 at 21:36, BobbyD said:

He looked a real prospect when he came through a couple of seasons ago - a player who could actually tackle and out-head opposition players much bigger and taller than himself. Tackling seems to be a rare skill in football nowadays. But he seemed to have that skill.

He was never given the opportunity to develop this. Just my opinion but I believe he could well have done a job for us - a bit like a modern day Carsley. 

Bit part roles since then, in and out, rare first team opportunities. Then being asked to play even left back - which he did pretty well at and never tried to hide.

I would like to understand from the club why it is that every transfer window (especially January)  we prefer to disrupt the team and spend significant sums of money on outsiders rather than at least gamble  on home grown players.

Its a great question and one id love to know the answer to 

28 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not really about Hanson, but did you hear the indignation in Ed Dawes' voice yesterday when they were bringing Bennett on? He was pretty much screaming into his micophone "why is he here, why is he here?!" like it was some sort of scandal that somebody from the academy was getting a game. As you say, what's the point if it ain't to bring them through a give them a game?  

17 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Not really about Hanson, but did you hear the indignation in Ed Dawes' voice yesterday when they were bringing Bennett on? He was pretty much screaming into his micophone "why is he here, why is he here?!" like it was some sort of scandal that somebody from the academy was getting a game. As you say, what's the point if it ain't to bring them through a give them a game?  

That peed me off too, which is a common occurrence when listening to tweedle-dumb and tweedle-dumber on a Saturday afternoon.

He, and many of their rabid tweeting correspondees seem to think that a players price tag should decide whether they are deserving of a place in the matchday squad, rather than a players performance in training and in matches.

50 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I was shouting "shut the **** up" at my radio at that point. He was moaning about Vydra, a Nigel Pearson signing who has shown nothing since he's arrived, not getting a spot on the bench because an academy prospect, who has been bang in form for the U23s in recent weeks, didn't cost £8 million. I'm not hating on Vydra, it was just the arrogance shown by Dawes when he berated Mac for giving youth a chance that really wound me up. @OwenB87 is always professional and informative, whilst Ramage does bring some good humour and professional insight, it's just Dawes' constant moaning at referees, players (Cyrus Christie more often than not) and the manager that annoys me. Yes, I'm grateful that I can listen to a commentary when I can't get to the game myself, and yes, I understand that he's a passionate Derby fan, but I'm sure he could tone it down a little bit.

59 minutes ago, LazloW said:

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ed dawes.....yuuurrrrggghh

39 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

That peed me off too, which is a common occurrence when listening to tweedle-dumb and tweedle-dumber on a Saturday afternoon.

He, and many of their rabid tweeting correspondees seem to think that a players price tag should decide whether they are deserving of a place in the matchday squad, rather than a players performance in training and in matches.

That was shocking. I have to admit I prefered the Rams Player coverage to that of the BBC, it just seemed more professional, however, I just missed the non-football related banter between tweedle-dum and tweedle-dumber. But if I had an option to choose from next season, I would go with the Rams player coverage.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Its a great question and one id love to know the answer to 

Having said that, credit where credit is due.

Well done to the club for giving Mason a run out yesterday.

Given our current situation in the league, is now the opportunity to give at least some of the young lads a proper run of places in the first team before the end of the season, ideally from the start of the match  ?

22 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@OwenB87 is always professional and informative, whilst Ramage does bring some good humour and professional insight, it's just Dawes

I agree with this totally. I can't listen to RD commentary, its just too excruciating : I feel embarrassed for Ed. Its very unusual to hear a commentator with such a limited vocabulary and childish manner doing that  job. I live over Nottingham and Leicester way and, if Rams aren't playing, dare I say it I sometimes listen to the commentary on Leicester, Forest or Notts County. All with well informed, mature and professional commentators with a sense of humour and deep understanding of their clubs, clearly fans but capable of impartiality and professionalism. 

To be fair, I guess its not the easiest job to do for a novice, I guess much harder than might be imagined, and not something that can be learned overnight. It must  take one or two seasons of experience to get up to speed - there are a few other commentators/pundits who I didn't rate at first but then really settled into it after a couple of years. Ed has been doing this a while now - he's never going to get it. 

Why don't Radio Derby leave Ed to do his day job and run a competition to select a dedicated new commentator ?  Get someone like Darren Fletcher  ( BBC,  ex Radio Nottingham/Trent FM) to judge it (not RD, themselves, they wouldn't know) . I'll bet there are one or two from DCFC fans who could do a grand job for them. 

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

Absolutely,

I think he just likes to be dramatic to get attention sometimes lol

Archived