Jamie Hanson - Joined Wigan on loan

David

Just now, Papahet said:

Patrick Bamford played how many games for Forest again? 

Hanson is 21 and has struggled to live up to his potential for awhile now, same with Bennett, Rawson, Roos and Santos. All need moving on - league one players at best.

What's Bamford to do with anything? Hanson has been a player who was never that hyped and has always been used as cover for us as we have better players in his positions, a loan will be good for him to get a good run of first team games. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson's alright, I think a loan move with a recall is a good idea. He'd be better in a midfield two rather than the holding role in our 4-3-3.

Think he's got really good zip on his passes, can tackle well and has a decent delivery. Just needs to have playing time to mature and improve his decision making/positional intelligence.

I'd be happy with him going out on a season long loan somewhere next year too and then assess whether has a future at Derby.

39 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

What's Bamford to do with anything? Hanson has been a player who was never that hyped and has always been used as cover for us as we have better players in his positions, a loan will be good for him to get a good run of first team games. 

So a player who's been here for over 14 years isn't held in high regard? right..

Guy, Vernam, Cover, Cresswell, Zanzala, Mitchell (perhaps), Thomas, Stabana are the only real ones with any sort of potential to be first teamers, the rest aren't much cop hence the reason we are rock bottom of the group and none have managed to a move loan moves anywhere and when they do, they struggle (Bennett in particular Burton, Bradford, Chesterfield..)

Hanson, Bennett, Roos, Rawson and Santos all need permanent moves. 

I know I am a half fan, but he's not very good is he, really? I mean top half of the Championship good. I may be wrong, and would be happy to find I am, so going to Wigan and playing regularly will give him the opportunity to prove his current ability and give good pointers to his actual potential. 

One thing That surprised me was that fact we haven't yet took advantage of his immense free kick taking ability.

Hanson is probably the best free kick taker at the club, his goal from the corner shows how much whip he can get on the ball.

He has scored some cracking goals from free kicks and I would love to see him taking them for the 1st team, Roberto Carlos style. 

So that's weimann vernam rawson guy and Hanson, all gone on loan. Anyone else? Mac must be bringing someone in I think or else he is hoping we don't get any more injuries. 

11 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Problem with Hanson is that his adaptability is his downfall. I hope Wigan have said they need him for "x" postion and he plays there week in week out and allow him to develop on that role. Personally I've always thought of him as a defensive minded midfielder. 

I'd say his downfall is his ability, at least at the moment. He is still young tho, so hopefully some regular game time does wonders.

I'm afraid being utility player might be his only way to get a good career. Poor mans Baird.

I think he can make a Championship holding midfield player. Just not quite ready to own that shirt for us yet. Good luck to the lad, like him.

Like him a lot as a DM and as a RB. And to be fair, left back against WBA he was superb. I think judging him on the Leeds game is harsh. With the exception of Ince and Carson we'd be sending the other 9 out on loan if it was based on that game. Bradley would have been thrown down a well and narrowly kept alive on boursin cheese for the next 5 years. 

I assume there must be incomings via loan or signing if we are sending these players out. Our injury record is awful and if there aren't incomings, its suicide in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

I assume there must be incomings via loan or signing if we are sending these players out. Our injury record is awful and if there aren't incomings, its suicide in my eyes. 

Butters should be back now I think, and Bradders will be back in a game... Giving us 5 CMs for 3 positions again which is okay... Plus you'd hope that having 4 injured LBs won't happen again!

Archived