Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

JFC just how many attackers do some people think we need???

Nugent, Bent, Vydra

Ince, Blackman, Russell, Camara, Anya

(Bennett, Vernam)

This is a sensible deal for me, and we do NOT need to bring in a replacement - in fact I'd be looking for someone to take Camara on a similar deal once Blackman & Anya are fit.

Only Ince scores...... 

1 hour ago, needles said:

Complete waste of money. Bang average and uninspiring except for that game at Hull.

We'd have been so much better off keeping Jamie Ward.

I miss Jamie Ward ,shame he had glass hamstrings never replaced his quality and more important his attitude.

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

It was out the blue in the regard that there was no rumours or anything going around twitter or here. 

Then suddenly he's gone.

There was a link on the Wolves side of things in December - think they inquired about him. Then suddenly it flaed up again late last night.

Think this is a sign of things to come. Morris has been very vocal about not wanting things leaked to the press - when they do involve Derby it almost always comes from the other side. Only time it'll come from our side is if we want it known for some reason.

7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

There was a link on the Wolves side of things in December - think they inquired about him. Then suddenly it flaed up again late last night.

Think this is a sign of things to come. Morris has been very vocal about not wanting things leaked to the press - when they do involve Derby it almost always comes from the other side. Only time it'll come from our side is if we want it known for some reason.

Have to say. The Lansbury situation could have been very different had the press gone bonkers on new years day. 

I'm fairly certain that we could have done a deal if Villa didn't get involved.

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Have to say. The Lansbury situation could have been very different had the press gone bonkers on new years day. 

I'm fairly certain that we could have done a deal if Villa didn't get involved.

Probably. Biggest deciding factor in the Lansbury deal was probably the takeover. Fawaz, for all his faults, isn't stupid enough to sell Lansbury to us, whereas the Americans might have done.

Not too fussed about that deal anyway, he's not worth the £40,000 a week Villa are gonna pay him.

Happy to see him go. Can't fault his effort, however nowhere near enough quality to play in one of the wider areas. Poor first touch, lack of footballing brain and poor end product. As others have said, he has been under 4 managers here and only 1 (Pearson) looked like he fancied him at all. I wouldnt trust Pearson's judegement on a player either, but can see how he would like Weimann for his long ball counter-attacking system.

In a McClaren team which looks to diminate possession of the football, the wide forwards need to have the ability to come inside and take the ball under pressure on the turn and make things happen (hence Ince success under Steve). Weimann doesnt possess these qualities as a footballer at this level.

Goodluck to him, but he wasnt the answer for us.

Poor decision by DCFC premier league quality and never given a proper run in the side - very disappointing no doubt he'll do well at Wolves 

Archived