Chris Weale contract cancelled

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Tell you what, this'll be a good one on the 'players you forgot played for us' thread in a few years. 

Whens his testimonial?

not sure it would be an accurate question. Bit like when people have Con Blatsis in their worst XI. He NEVER played.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when everyone was expecting a massive signing following Chris Martin's departure and we got this guy? Yeah.... me too....:angry:

Not his fault, but he was a sign of all that was wrong with Nigel Pearson. A manager who needed a familiar face in the dressing room because he'd already managed to turn half of it against him. I'm sure Weale's a nice guy and I certainly wouldn't turn down a contract at his age, but the fact Pearson wanted him in in the first place should've been enough for Morris to pull the trigger.

Well I for one wish him well. Not his fault Derby came knocking, and not his fault that realistically he wasn't going to get a game.

Here's a guy who has made a good career at lower league level. He has played over 400 league games over 17 years. I respect him for that, thank him for his time here and good luck to him.

Quite Vulcan. He gets a call asking if he fancies a move to Derby, it was probably explained what his role would be but he'd earn more than he's currently on. What's he going to do ? I think he knew the score but he was putting his family first i.e. maximising his earning potential in the twilight of his career.

17 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Well I for one wish him well. Not his fault Derby came knocking, and not his fault that realistically he wasn't going to get a game.

Here's a guy who has made a good career at lower league level. He has played over 400 league games over 17 years. I respect him for that, thank him for his time here and good luck to him.

10 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Quite Vulcan. He gets a call asking if he fancies a move to Derby, it was probably explained what his role would be but he'd earn more than he's currently on. What's he going to do ? I think he knew the score but he was putting his family first i.e. maximising his earning potential in the twilight of his career.

But the coaches just couldn't reinvent the Weale

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Swap for Henri + £3.5m (to derby)?

To late, with Chrisie safe hands contract the way it is, oh another bad transfer, just watch him championing forest's bottom three push for the rest of the season, it'll be tough, there's some poor teams down there, but the drive to be worst of the worst is strong in them. Be stronger if they give Pearson the job.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To late, with Chrisie safe hands contract the way it is, oh another bad transfer, just watch him championing forest's bottom three push for the rest of the season, it'll be tough, there's some poor teams down there, but the drive to be worst of the worst is strong in them. Be stronger if they give Pearson the job.

Had to give it a coupleof reads to understand all of it but got there in the end :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sad times fellow Rams fans, sad times.

On the plus side, he could now sign for Forest if Fawaz wants to prove to the gumpen faithful that he's leading the forward by taking Derby's best players from them, not the other way round.

As manager?

Archived