Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Guest TopRam said:

I would like to stress that as a character and a person I think Russell is top draw and seems a really passionate guy, yes today tonight I slagged him off to far and said a few stupid stuff, I am not a massive fan of him as a player now I have been but it just annoys me to see other players getting slagged off but not getting a proper chance? I'd love Russell to prove me wrong I really would bevsuse as a person he deserves it I just really think we can do better, the love I have for this club is crazy and now I'm looking forward to Newcastle away early train and a night out! which the team shouldn't change and Russell should stay in as camara can't defend as well but I do think I'd like someone better to come in! So my night over now sorry to anyone I annoyed with my comments but it's my opinion I took a little to far! 

Your andi wiemen and I claim my £50 ,,,, ?,,, don't be deleting your account though ,,, opinions are opinions ,we all have our own and if we can't get a bit over passionate about our football team then it's a sad state of affairs ,, that's what football is there for ,an area of life where we can let go ,shout and scream and get totally wrapped up in to escape real life 

1 minute ago, archied said:

Your andi wiemen and I claim my £50 ,,,, ?,,, don't be deleting your account though ,,, opinions are opinions ,we all have our own and if we can't get a bit over passionate about our football team then it's a sad state of affairs ,, that's what football is there for ,an area of life where we can let go ,shout and scream and get totally wrapped up in to escape real life 

i think its done....the account now shows as Guest.

22 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

How did we play? Statistics favour Reading, my Reading mate who was there said they completely ran it for the first 30 minutes and another goal in that time and they would have gone on to cruise it.

But a goal against the run of play completely changed the game.

I thought Reading lacked penetration, they had a lot of the ball but never really threatened with it. It was a shock when they scored , we then lacked confidence until Keogh drove into ththe box and Bent put it in with his togger.  We were then the better team. I thought 3-2 flattered  Reading.  We gifted them their second and apart from their first goal they didn't look like they would score ( we can be like that at times) . 

I thought we were the better team and thought we might get a 4th. We panicked when they scored both the 1st and 2nd, we need to sort that.

hughes and Olson made a big difference 

23 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

How did we play? Statistics favour Reading, my Reading mate who was there said they completely ran it for the first 30 minutes and another goal in that time and they would have gone on to cruise it.

But a goal against the run of play completely changed the game.

Your mate is right to a point. We were asleep for the first 30 and Reading were in control. It was their own negativity that cost them though. They greeted their goal by sitting deeper and slowing the pace and tempo of the game whilst time wasting excessively. Our equaliser did come from nowhere, but we reacted in exactly the right way and went for the jugular. That's the difference. Reading tried to sit on a one goal lead, whilst we made sure of victory by continuing to probe for a 3rd just on the off chance that our defence might decide to leave a Reading player in 5 yards of space on the edge of our six yard box at some point before the final whistle.

Slept on it.

First 30 minutes were pedestrian, to say the least. There was talk before the game that we needed to get at them from 0:00. Instead we just let them prance about with it between the centre halves and pick passes to the midfield as much as they liked. Bent wasn't progressing past the halfway line, neither were Hughes, Bryson, Ince or Russell. No pressing, too patient. Then one would press, but only one, so it was easy enough to pass their way out. They even made a couple of mistakes without us pressing - but as we were 5 yards behind the play, they didn't present clear opportunities. 

Shame it took them to score, and a couple of near-ish misses for us to step up the pitch and not give them all the time in the world.

Then it clicked all of a sudden, realisation dawned that if we step up 5 yards, and make them sweat a bit, we could get at them. 

Third goal was the best of the lot, and a great example of how to counter attack. Fast, accurate passing, Russell with some end product, and getting players up there to support.

de Sart drawing a fair few comparisons with Mascarell, and I'd say that's about right, but de Sart can actually tackle. Give him chance, he's played more minutes in the last couple of weeks than in the previous 12 months. That said, we missed Johnson, in my opinion, especially in the air.

So much better having a natural left back. Olsson's no Forsyth, or Lowe, and was getting a bit overwhelmed, but he played well, especially given he'd only trained the day before.

Much improved from Russell, but need to keep that as a baseline, and improve from there. Ince played very well again, certainly our most potent attacking player.

It's Monday morning and I still think JR had a terrific game. And Saturday's victory was huge in the context of so many issues. 

Nice to get some bodies back this week and will be interesting to see whether Mac goes back to Johnson and Butterfield or sticks with the winning XI from the weekend.

Archived