Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

13 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Baird     Keogh      Pearce      Anya

De Sart    Hughes

Ince.              Vydra               Camara 

Nugent

These types of formations just don't work with those players.  The ball gets played into the 2 midfielders, all of the 4 forwards start making runs forward, and the midfielders have no one to pass to.  It's exactly what was going wrong with Pearson's system.  If you want to play a 4231 like this, you absolutely need a player to play 'in the hole' that grabs hold of the game and controls it - they need to be getting on the ball, and dictating the game.  We don't have anyone that can do that.  Hughes is the closest, but it's not really his game.  It absolutely can't be an out and out dribbler like Ince or Vydra.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Baird     Keogh      Pearce      Anya

De Sart    Hughes

Ince.              Vydra               Camara 

Nugent

Tweak to the 4-3-3 system which I feel is needed. 

Bryson hasn't had a good game for 3 seasons and needs to go.

Vydra should be hungry to impress given it's against his former team and after negative comments of late. And hopefully he'll thrive of Nugents running and clever play.

If it feels too open Hanson can come into his natural and best position in midfield and Hughes pushed further forward, we can't break down 4-2-3-1 with our normal 4-3-3.

His reintroduction under Wassall last lesson transformed us.

Carson

Baird   Keogh   Pearce   Shackell

De Sart

Ince        Hughes        Anya

Nugent   Vydra

Shake it up a bit. Vydra can show us what he can do playing off Nugent. Anya instead of Russell - Shacks can sort left back for a bit. De Sart needs a good game.

Hi all,

I have recently started a new betting blog and have previewed your match vs Reading this weekend. You can read it here.

I thought it would be of interest to the forum so hope you don't mind me posting!

Best of luck for Saturday - it's a good opportunity to bounce back from a couple of disappointments in the league. Despite their position, Reading are nothing special and looked terrible vs QPR. There for the taking I think!

All the best,

John

Desperately hoping I'm up to going this game. Been in agony all with with flamin' toothache and having one whipped out Friday afternoon. The pain has spread to my neck and just feel terrible.

I'll have to use clapping for support instead of anything vocal. Be weird being mute if we score! :lol:

It has the makings of a decent game. Not seen one since Forest so we're due one.

Pearce back and Nugent to start.

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Desperately hoping I'm up to going this game. Been in agony all with with flamin' toothache and having one whipped out Friday afternoon. The pain has spread to my neck and just feel terrible.

I'll have to use clapping for support instead of anything vocal. Be weird being mute if we score! :lol:

It has the makings of a decent game. Not seen one since Forest so we're due one.

Pearce back and Nugent to start.

Fingers crossed for you. Toothache.....ugh......never nice!

6 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Fingers crossed for you. Toothache.....ugh......never nice!

I remember arriving at my grandad's house to find him crouched over a blood-filled sink. He had a large pair of pliers in his hand and on the sink was a tooth which with root must have been an inch long.

Bloody thing been troubling me for a week he said casually.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys i think david nurgent needs to start on saturday maybe have tom ince playing off him. With

Will huges playing just behind them but we need 3 points on saturday. 

I'll be honest mate, it's pretty bold. But probably the last thing they'll be expecting.

Screenshot at 2017-01-18 18:03:02.png

I fully expect McClaren to go with a boring old '11 players' line up, but it would be interesting to see how the 3 of them cope. I'd be a bit concerned with our defending here, but they do say "attack is the best form of defence". This formation will truly challenge that. 

4 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I'll be honest mate, it's pretty bold. But probably the last thing they'll be expecting.

Screenshot at 2017-01-18 18:03:02.png

I fully expect McClaren to go with a boring old '11 players' line up, but it would be interesting to see how the 3 of them cope. I'd be a bit concerned with our defending here, but they do say "attack is the best form of defence". This formation will truly challenge that. 

Reminds me of the joke when Hughes says he will play forest on his own so all the lads can have a day off. Feeling a bit guilty the lads check the score at half time and see Hughes is beating forest 1-0. Well done Hughes they think. They check the score with about 20 minutes left and its 2-0. Delighted they decide to to go to the stadium to celebrate with hughes, arriving on the full time whistle. Going into the dressing room, they find the final score was 3-0, but find Hughes crying in the corner. What's wrong will? You won 3-0 against forest on your own, you should be delighted. I would be, says Hughes, but I got sent off with 10 minutes to go......

5 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

single then? :lol:

Haha, you'd assume so eh. But happily married to a good un who's now a converted Ram, take away consumer who enjoys MOTD (well, as much as anyone can these days with the overload of inane punditry).

I just need to keep her festooned in diamonds, fur coats, designer handbags and shoes etc and she's no bother...

2 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Haha, you'd assume so eh. But happily married to a good un who's now a converted Ram, take away consumer who enjoys MOTD (well, as much as anyone can these days with the overload of inane punditry).

I just need to keep her festooned in diamonds, fur coats, designer handbags and shoes etc and she's no bother...

Fur coats is a joke I hope?!

Nugent

Anya                                  Ince

Hughes        Bryson

De Sart

Olsson   Pearce   Keogh   Baird

Carson

Mitchell, Shackell, Hanson, Vernam, Russell, Vydra, Bent

After 2 league defeats on the bounce we need some Anya and Nugent love in the team to rally the troops, hopefully Anya and Olsson will both be back to allow this. Bench isn't looking particularly strong for this one which is a concern. Would take a point now if offered.

Archived