Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading?........well I'll go for us playing with a Pearce....ing sound at the back and us playing in black shirts, black shorts and white socks with David Lewis Gedge playing up front in a 1989 formation, with John Peel managing the team and not that bloke that keeps poncing about on the telephone or walking the line with a poxy A4 Leather file a fax style folder.

Oh and it's going to p1ss it down, but who cares, we'll all get up front and give Reading, what for.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Need a big reaction here after the last two diabolical league performances, a win here is needed if we've got any hope of reaching the playoffs or a gap starts to form between us and the top 6. With limited options, I'd line up like this

Carson

Baird Keogh Pearce Olsson

De Sart Johnson

Ince     Weimann

Nugent

Vydra

With the limited options in midfield I'd switch to 4231, we cannot continue playing Bryson, he's no longer good enough to feature at this level simple as and potentially we can get the best out of vydra playing slightly in front of nugent  

That was meant to be Hughes not Johnson before I get jumped on :lol:

For me

Carson

Baird. Keogh.        Pearce.     Anya

De Sart

Hughes.      Bryson

Ince.            Nuge.           Russell

If olssonn is fit, him ahead of Anya as he's a better left back.

Two poor games isn't enough to junk the way we started being ourselves again.

Russell and Pearce back in for me. Think Nuge will get the start.

De Sart did bad enough to be pulled off st half time? He has to learn, and get him playing.

I wouldn't object to vydra playing, but I don't see him playing left wing again, unless its with the understanding that he's to get close to the striker whilst the left back gives the width.

I.e.

Baird.   Keogh. Pearce

De Sart

Hughes.   Bryson.         Anya

Ince.          Bent/nuge. Vydra

Sort of a bit 3-4-4 but scampers back into regular 4-3-3 as needed.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

For me

Carson

De Sart

Hughes.      Bryson

De Sart did bad enough to be pulled off st half time? He has to learn, and get him playing.

I wouldn't object to vydra playing, but I don't see him playing left wing again, unless its with the understanding that he's to get close to the striker whilst the left back gives the width.

I.e.

Baird.   Keogh. Pearce

De Sart

I'm up for version 1

On 15/01/2017 at 00:54, RadioactiveWaste said:

For me

Carson

De Sart

Hughes.      Bryson

I.e.

Baird.   Keogh. Pearce

De Sart

Sort of reminds me of mac 1 if you imagined fozzy instead of anya. 

We used to end up with a back 3  (more or less ) of wisdom keogh and bucko supplemented by George. 

Trouble with the 2017 version is we don't have wisdoms presence at rb and de sart is not George. 

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Sort of reminds me of mac 1 if you imagined fozzy instead of anya. 

We used to end up with a back 3  (more or less ) of wisdom keogh and bucko supplemented by George. 

Trouble with the 2017 version is we don't have wisdoms presence at rb and de sart is not George. 

That's exactly what made me think of it, although it was often Bryson up as second striker rather than the LWF, although we came close to total football at times that season.

I'm still hoping for at least three new faces before Saturday, but should that fail.

Carson

Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Anya

De Sart
Hughes, Bryson

Ince, Nugent, Russell

De Sart needs to show that his **** weak, horrific display against Leeds was a one off. Bryson needs to show that he isn't ready for the knacker's yard. Russell needs to do something, anything, providing we haven't binned him off to Birmingham at this point. 

I just hope Nugent can do what Martin does so well, win the ball with his back to goal and bring others into play.

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm still hoping for at least three new faces before Saturday, but should that fail.

Carson

Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Anya

De Sart
Hughes, Bryson

Ince, Nugent, Russell

De Sart needs to show that his **** weak, horrific display against Leeds was a one off. Bryson needs to show that he isn't ready for the knacker's yard. Russell needs to do something, anything, providing we haven't binned him off to Birmingham at this point. 

I just hope Nugent can do what Martin does so well, win the ball with his back to goal and bring others into play.

Agree with the lineup, except Christie simply has to start above Baird if fit. Imperative that we play with attacking full backs as far too easy and rigid to play against right now. Thinks De Sart will be fine. Leeds away was a thought game for him, but Bryson and Johnson were so poor in front of him, plus he was getting dragged out of position on the left to cover for Camara. De Sart broke the lines with one pass that was sublime and I just feel he will be a better option in there than Johnson moving forward. Nowhere near a George however, how we miss him.

Disagree with those hat say Vydra deserves the start. Lads been absolutely dreadful for weeks. Clear to see at Leeds he has absolutely no confidence right now.  Hope it works out for him here as I believe there is a player in him, but just don't see it working.

Carson

Baird     Keogh      Pearce      Anya

De Sart    Hughes

Ince.              Vydra               Camara 

Nugent

Tweak to the 4-3-3 system which I feel is needed. 

Bryson hasn't had a good game for 3 seasons and needs to go.

Vydra should be hungry to impress given it's against his former team and after negative comments of late. And hopefully he'll thrive of Nugents running and clever play.

If it feels too open Hanson can come into his natural and best position in midfield and Hughes pushed further forward, we can't break down 4-2-3-1 with our normal 4-3-3.

Archived