Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

Derby County v Reading 

Saturday 21st January 2017 kick off 15.00 at Fortress Pride Park. 

Derby looking to get back to winning way against Reading who are above us by 6points, they play 4-3-2-1 against QPR other night and lost, they'll be looking to get back to winning way too. We're very strong at home since September.

Same team or make few changes? Few players back from injuries for likes of Christie Anya Olsson. For me I'd like to see the team like this 

Carson 

Christie or Baird 

Keogh

Pearce

Anya or Olsson 

De Sart

Hughes 

Bryson 

Once 

Vydra(give him a start for this one and hopefully it'll work for him.)

Russell

Will there be a full house or near 30k again? How many you think Reading will bring? My guess 600 ish 

COYR 

:D

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Like the look of your team DEL . Not sure on bryson but I suppose there's not really another option . But I'd like to see Matej start and Pearce back in ?.

Johnson and Butterfield are not available that's why. If they are I'd include them too. ??

Carson

Keogh Pearce Shackell

Christie   DeSart   Hughes    Anya

Ince

Vydra      Nugent

Am I the only person that wants to see something like this? I think with Anya and Christie it could work very well and would allow Vydra to play up top in a pair. One problem I do see is having Hughes so far back but if Ince can play up top Hughes can move in to the attacking midfield role. 

7 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Carson

Keogh Pearce Shackell

Ince

Vydra      Nugent

Am I the only person that wants to see something like this? I think with Anya and Christie it could work very well and would allow Vydra to play up top in a pair.

Just you. 

2 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

What do you suggest because we have no attacking threat currently and we cant rely on our defence to keep a clean sheet every game.

Tbf I'd like to see that combination tried at some point. All 3 of keogh, pearce and shackell seem to be strong enough defendively to be fine with that formation. We need more attacking threat and that formation could give us that.

Just now, Colm said:

Tbf I'd like to see that combination tried at some point. All 3 of keogh, pearce and shackell seem to be strong enough defendively to be fine with that formation. We need more attacking threat and that formation could give us that.

Yea I'm not saying we should do it every game but it should at least be a plan B for teams like Wigan who just hold down the fort.

Just now, TomInceOnFire said:

Yea I'm not saying we should do it every game but it should at least be a plan B for teams like Wigan who just hold down the fort.

I know and people will say "we tried it against chesterfield in the cup a year or 2 ago and it didnt work" but tbh we had different players like albentosa back then. I'd say it definitely would be worth a shot.

If Anya is fit I'd like to see him in an advanced role. The guy has tricks so lets use him. Nugent starts for me or if not Vydra but I'd prefer Nugent as he's fresh, new and wants to prove himself. Bent benched. Hughes to start and Pearce back in. Usual formation.

All this and approach the game from kick off as Leeds did to us and that'll do me.

Need a big reaction here after the last two diabolical league performances, a win here is needed if we've got any hope of reaching the playoffs or a gap starts to form between us and the top 6. With limited options, I'd line up like this

Carson

Baird Keogh Pearce Olsson

De Sart Johnson

Ince     Weimann

Nugent

Vydra

With the limited options in midfield I'd switch to 4231, we cannot continue playing Bryson, he's no longer good enough to feature at this level simple as and potentially we can get the best out of vydra playing slightly in front of nugent  

1 minute ago, Colm said:

I know and people will say "we tried it against chesterfield in the cup a year or 2 ago and it didnt work" but tbh we had different players like albentosa back then. I'd say it definitely would be worth a shot.

Yea I believe that back three had Buxton and Albentosa in it which I definitely wouldn't use in a back three but I think Keogh and Shackell either side of Pearce and Anya and Christie running the lines would offer a change to our game.

23 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Carson

Keogh Pearce Shackell

Ince

Vydra      Nugent

Am I the only person that wants to see something like this? I think with Anya and Christie it could work very well and would allow Vydra to play up top in a pair. One problem I do see is having Hughes so far back but if Ince can play up top Hughes can move in to the attacking midfield role. 

4-2-3-1 for me, obviously Johnson can't play Saturday so De Sart in his place.

Carson

Baird     Keogh     Pearce     Fit Left Back

De Sart or Johnson    Hughes

Ince         Vydra       Russell

Nugent 

1 minute ago, DCFC1976 said:

4-2-3-1 for me, obviously Johnson can't play Saturday so De Sart in his place.

Carson

Baird     Keogh     Pearce     Fit Left Back

De Sart or Johnson    Hughes

Ince         Vydra       Russell

Nugent 

Yes that would be the starting line up I would choose maybe with Christie instead of Baird if he's fit. I was just thinking for a plan B three at the back is an option maybe not against Reading but I wouldn't mind seeing how it does against teams down the bottom half of the table.

Archived