Are most Derby fans called Derek?

Rev

I may be a masochist, but I enjoy listening to the Monday night moan in on Radio Derby, it's the one place that makes me think this forum is actually quite reasonable in the views expressed.

However, I've noticed it seems far easier to get your views expressed if you're called Derek, it must be close to 50℅ Derek's on there.

Maybe I'm missing something, is Derek a local code word that means your views are automatically accepted and read out, or your call answered?

Or are Derek's still slang for pants, and I'm missing the joke?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I may be a masochist, but I enjoy listening to the Monday night moan in on Radio Derby, it's the one place that makes me think this forum is actually quite reasonable in the views expressed.

However, I've noticed it seems far easier to get your views expressed if you're called Derek, it must be close to 50℅ Derek's on there.

Maybe I'm missing something, is Derek a local code word that means your views are automatically accepted and read out, or your call answered?

Or are Derek's still slang for pants, and I'm missing the joke?

Always had you down as a Derek to be honest.

I don't know any Derby fans called Derek.

in fact I can't think of anyone I know who is called Derek. Except for Derek and the dominoes and his real name was Eric. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't know any Derby fans called Derek.

in fact I can't think of anyone I know who is called Derek. Except for Derek and the dominoes and his real name was Eric. 

Close enough!

Archived