Rawson and Vernam - Joined Coventry on loan

maydrakin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Think this means Nugent will be fit for Friday 

Just what I was thinking. Maybe Blackman too? 

Don't know about anybody else but I have really high hopes for Vernam, on the odd occasion I've seen him play he's looked a very tidy little player. He's played midfield and striker for us, I hope we get him settled into a specific position and he doesn't turn into a utility type player. 

I can remember Clough and possibmy Rush? parading vernam on the pitch when we signed him from Scunny all those years ago. Thought they made quite a big deal of it seeing as he was just a kid, they must have seen something in him.

23 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Don't know about anybody else but I have really high hopes for Vernam, on the odd occasion I've seen him play he's looked a very tidy little player. He's played midfield and striker for us, I hope we get him settled into a specific position and he doesn't turn into a utility type player. 

I can remember Clough and possibmy Rush? parading vernam on the pitch when we signed him from Scunny all those years ago. Thought they made quite a big deal of it seeing as he was just a kid, they must have seen something in him.

He will be a Sheringham/Kane style centre forward. Focus of attack but relying on skill rather than strength. I dare say he will play both CF and CAM for another year or two, 

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

He had a trial at AC Milan but turned them down as they wouldn't pay to move his parents over to Italy as well.

11 hours ago, sage said:

He will be a Sheringham/Kane style centre forward. Focus of attack but relying on skill rather than strength. I dare say he will play both CF and CAM for another year or two, 

I've described him before as being a Kane like player, eye for a goal but also very intelligent with the ball and his movement. Let's hope we're both right 

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Already looks a very poor move to send both players there.

Why? Coventry are really struggling but if both players get regular games, if they've anything at all about them then it won't do them any harm. Div 2 is a tough league and it will be far better than playing U23 matches or being sent out on loan to a non-league outfit. 

24 minutes ago, LauraH said:

Why?

I'd guess he's referring to the fact today's game had to be stopped several times due to fan protests.

Not the best environment to send young players into, but could be classed as character building I suppose, we also sent someone on loan to Blackpool a few years back when they were having similar problems, so maybe it's a deliberate ploy.

Archived