Rawson and Vernam - Joined Coventry on loan

maydrakin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Pretty much confirms our relegation from the under 23s Prem.

They must like our youngsters at Coventry too, Kwame Thomas is another who joined them last summer 

If you take a look at their forums I don't think they are that keen on Kwame. I am not even sure whether he has appeared for them as yet.

Coventry, with the situation they are in and Russell Slade not having a strong record of developing young players, seems an odd choice of destination. I wonder if they have agreed to a change to the deal on Cyrus to make this happen? Perhaps taking out a payment due on X appearances or something like that.

A couple of their 'bigger' names (Jordan Willis - cb and Ben Stevenson -mf) are supposedly off this window but I can't see that we would be after either - so no need to offer Farrend and Charles to sweeten an incoming deal. Nor do they have a left back that would interest us.

Rawson has done relegation fight before at Rotheram so could suit him, I'll be interested to see how he reacts to being an important first team player unfortunately  @SaintRam is right I thought Rawson will go in the summer :( But with our 4th CB going does it mean more defensive cover is coming in? Maybe someone like Galloway who could cover CB in an emergency?

Vernam will be interesting, as a forward to a very much struggling team he might never see the ball! But in terms of a (hopefully) first run in a senior team this one come relatively pressure free seeing as expectations of the team are at zero.  

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Glad to see they will be getting games. Problem is Cov are in big trouble, hope there's not too much pressure on them.

Hopefully Mac and Wass will tell them that they couldn't really do any WORSE than the current bunch at Cov... So may as well relax and play their own game...

Just now, metalsheep02 said:

According to press in Cov Vernam will not move until later in window so Mac has cover in light of Bradley Johnson suspension. Doesn't sound like Lansbury is due this week then!

No disrespect to Vernam but that sounds a bit poor for us!

Confirmed by DET

Derby County defender Farrend Rawson is expected to join Coventry City on loan imminently - but Rams team-mate Charles Vernam will not be following him to the Ricoh Arena just yet.

The Sky Blues are to sign centre-back Rawson for the remainder of the 2016-17 campaign as they bid to avoid relegation from League One.

Coventry also want to bring in Vernam but that move has been put on hold for the time being, the Derby Telegraph understands.

The 20-year-old could still link up with Russell Slade's squad before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.

Vernam recently made his Derby first-team debut - as a late substitute in the FA Cup third round win at West Bromwich Albion.

And he may be needed by manager Steve McClaren for this weekend's home game against Reading in the Sky Bet Championship.

Midfielders Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield are both suspended, so Vernam, who can play in midfield or attack, could feature on the bench for the Rams.

Rawson is yet to make his first-team debut for the Rams but he has been part of the senior squad on a number of occasions.

The 20-year-old central defender - Derby's under-23 captain - does have experience of playing in the Championship, however, during two loans stints with Rotherham United.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-forward-s-loan-move-put-on-hold-but-defender-set-to-go-out/story-30061212-detail/story.html#xtOU6oI9fJbHhOUM.99

Vernam could really gain a reputation if he bags a few goals, so long as he does a bit better than Callum Ball :ph34r: it's a no brainer at this stage of his career.

Gets to muscle it out with bigger players, good on the job training I'd say, so long as they play him, which I'm assuming they will in their desperate state.

Am I right in thinking that Rawson's deal ends this summer so he has now effectively left the club?

I checked the contract dates thread we have on here and he was listed as 2018 in the senior squad list but 2017 in the U21s. I did think I'd remembered hearing his deal ended in the summer and he was refusing to sign a new one as he isn't getting any game time.

Archived