Vydra

RamNut

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's more likely to be a winger for us if anything at all. 

Right now I wouldn't accommodate him anywhere. He's been worse than Blackman but runs around more which buys him some support.

If he's going to have a future at Derby then he's going to have to throw in a good performance in the next 4 months or he could find that McClaren puts him to one side when planning for next season. 

I want him to come good. I really do. But don't think he deserves a place making for him. Needs to earn one with what limited game time he's worth right now

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think he's more likely to be a winger for us if anything at all. 

Right now I wouldn't accommodate him anywhere. He's been worse than Blackman but runs around more which buys him some support.

If he's going to have a future at Derby then he's going to have to throw in a good performance in the next 4 months or he could find that McClaren puts him to one side when planning for next season. 

I want him to come good. I really do. But don't think he deserves a place making for him. Needs to earn one with what limited game time he's worth right now

Spot on Alpha. Sure there's a player in there somewhere but he's not doing enough to warrant a run of games which I think is what he needs. It's a proper catch 22 scenario.

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Spot on Alpha. Sure there's a player in there somewhere but he's not doing enough to warrant a run of games which I think is what he needs. It's a proper catch 22 scenario.

It's a shame. As you say he's got something about him. Remembering him at Watford it's not the same player. 

Mac keeps giving him as much opportunity as he can I think. But he needs to give Mac an excuse to keep playing him. Blackman will be back soon.

Nugent, Ince, Blackman, Camara, Weimann, Anya, Russell, Vydra and Bent.

9 into 3. You do not want to be falling to the back of that que. Not unless you fancy a summer move

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's a shame. As you say he's got something about him. Remembering him at Watford it's not the same player. 

Mac keeps giving him as much opportunity as he can I think. But he needs to give Mac an excuse to keep playing him. Blackman will be back soon.

9 into 3. You do not want to be falling to the back of that que. Not unless you fancy a summer move

Who is at the back? For me Blackman Weiman and camara 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yep, I'd really like to see him do well but it's really down to him now. As you say, he's had opportunities and Mac is very fair about retaining players who play well - look at Pearce after Shackells FA Cup display. Problem is Matej is not giving Mac any kind of a headache right now other than where to play him, if at all. Perhaps we'll see a different player next season if he's still with us.

It's a tough one because how long do you give a player that doesn't take his chance? And what, to the detriment of results and players who have earnt the spot moreso?

I have continually made noise about him being a player that would come good, but he is now starting to build up playing time and Leeds was a classic example of a game he needed to grab by the scruff of the neck and impress.  Which he didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

we have a handful of players who seem to be trying too hard and this is affecting their performance. Bryson, Russell, Butterfield, Vydra etc.

You must have been watching a different Vydra to me on Friday if you think he was trying too hard!

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

You must have been watching a different Vydra to me on Friday if you think he was trying too hard!

are you suggesting he was lazy? I recommend watching again. Laziness or lack of effort were not an issue in any way, shape or form. It was lack of quality, and application, not effort.

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Who is at the back? For me Blackman Weiman and camara 

I prefer Weimann to Vydra. I've seen him play a couple of good games for us. Looks the same player to me. Weak as a lamb, quick, energetic, needs an acre of space to work in, always looking to receive a killer pass even when there's no opportunity for it to happen. But Weimann has had his moments. 

Camara is weird. He's had his moments but plays like he's 17. A real luxury player that you can't rely on. Probably not going to be a regular starter anytime soon.

Tbh after Russell there's not a lot in it. Never been a big Russell fan but at least he has a bit of strength and understands his role.

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

are you suggesting he was lazy? I recommend watching again. Laziness or lack of effort were not an issue in any way, shape or form. It was lack of quality, and application, not effort.

Yes I am. Numerous occasions he let their defenders clear the ball without putting them under pressure.

I don't think  Vydra can be a winger.

he doesn't have a trick in order to go past a full back,

he wants to be in the box receiving the pass not out wide trying to make the pass.

The attacking midfield role is ultimately for someone looking to play off the striker or run beyond.

i think its worth a try as he is clearly attack minded unlike butters and co.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

He's got almost no ball control and no passing ability, so midfield would be a waste of time.

When we had him out wide, he ran into brick walls, panicked, and couldn't play his way out. Too terrified to beat his man and too predictable in his run so couldn't have beat them anyway.

When he's up front, he offers no support to his midfield or wide runners, doesn't get himself on the ball enough, and generally hasn't looked like scoring much at all.

What else can we do for him? He doesn't fit our system, plain and simple.

Archived