Still no plan b

Derbylad92

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Alpha said:

The hardest games were Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds x2, Reading away, Norwich x2 Huddersfield, Fulham.

Yes and in all these games we have been totally out played just end up with the points dont get me wrong buzzing that we have been picking up the points but thats only due to luck and and the end of the day luck runs out and we r out of it 

49 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Yes and in all these games we have been totally out played just end up with the points dont get me wrong buzzing that we have been picking up the points but thats only due to luck and and the end of the day luck runs out and we r out of it 

We were not outplayed against Leeds, Sheff Weds and Norwich at home

It seems obvious to me that apart from Ince and Hughes, there is something fundamentally wrong with the team in terms of attacking.

Steve McLaren needs to start handing fines out for players that continually take extra touches of the ball when one will do to control it before passing or laying off.  This type of football only encompasses slow tempo football that is very easy to defend against.

Fines should also be handed out to every player that chooses to take the easy option of turning and passing the ball backwards when there are other more offensive options available.  

All season we have been guilty of passing balls backwards or sideways when there are better options available that could turn into chances.  Again this leads to a more slower tempo that is easy to defend against.

These two issues symptomatically are the reason why we have one of the worst scoring records this season.

Compare this with the season we got to wembley and probably should of gone up with Stevie Mac and you will see the fast flowing football from defence into attack.  There was no need for Plan B that season.  Teams knew how we would play, but the intensity, tempo and more attacking flare was more apparent then than compared to this season. 

Is it just a hangover from Pearson's micromanaging????  I have no idea, however until these 2 issues are sorted then it doesn't matter what the first 11 is or who is up front or what formation we are playing. 

Archived