No Martin return! Lansbury bid 'up in smoke' awful display agaisnt Leeds!

FolkStar85

I personally feel that a midfield of Hughes, Thorne and Butterfield would boss this league. I think we lose Hughes and butterfield's attacking threat because Johnson who although can be a destroyer at the back of the three doesn't have the composure and passing ability to push the team forward. This is why I think we have loaned de sart as a more cultured midfielder so we might lose a bit of defensive strength and shielding of the back four but we should retain possession further up the field. I would prefer Martin up front but as we seemingly can't get him back I'll be interested to see what we can achieve with better ball retention in the middle of the park, Hughes and Butterfield playing a bit further up and supplying through balls to bent/nugent Ince and Russell/vydra. I haven't given up on vydra yet by the way. In any case I do think we have a talented squad even if a few are under performing an ambitious local rich owner a great stadium good home and away support and best of all we don't support forest!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need a runner in there.

Butterfield and Hughes is dangerous in itself, but taking Johnson out aswell, means you have 3 sitters if thorne plays!

Where is the bryson, the hendrick, the guy who breaks from midfield to get between the lines.

Seriously its needed, not just for our own play but for the man it takes away from their midfield who would be pressing our holding type of player.

50 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

You need a runner in there.

Butterfield and Hughes is dangerous in itself, but taking Johnson out aswell, means you have 3 sitters if thorne plays!

Where is the bryson, the hendrick, the guy who breaks from midfield to get between the lines.

Seriously its needed, not just for our own play but for the man it takes away from their midfield who would be pressing our holding type of player.

I agree (provided we have DM who is also a playmaker such as Thorne) that one of the midfielders needs to be energetic and looks to break beyond the forwards. I presume it is why we have been trying to sign Lansbury. Out of the current squad there is only Bryson capable, however he currently doesn't quite look the same player he was but maybe it's just a run in the side he needs to get back up to speed. For it work though you do need a Striker who can help link play and hopefully that's what Nugent's been brought in for.

41 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I agree (provided we have DM who is also a playmaker such as Thorne) that one of the midfielders needs to be energetic and looks to break beyond the forwards. I presume it is why we have been trying to sign Lansbury. Out of the current squad there is only Bryson capable, however he currently doesn't quite look the same player he was but maybe it's just a run in the side he needs to get back up to speed. For it work though you do need a Striker who can help link play and hopefully that's what Nugent's been brought in for.

Brady........You know your stuff!

I presumed Lansbury too.

Butterfield has been a bit disappointing overall if you ask me.

Im looking forward to seeing Nugent do better than bent has in our current system.

Having said that I really wish we would play to bents strenghs a bit more.... and i wish he could stay onside.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 08:56, DRBee said:

So being relegated is not 'being in a mess' . Clough has one post-match set of comments and uses them each game.

"We played well , it was just the their two goals that cost us " . 

Let it go DrBee.

He's gone and he's not coming back. You don't need to hate anymore.

Archived