Bent's Disallowed Goal

Rambalin

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you define what the natural position is for a players hands are when he is jumping?

Jazz hands silly

IMG_0335.PNG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you define what the natural position is for a players hands are when he is jumping?

Got to confess I've never tried it, and at my age/level of fitness I'm not even going to attempt it, but I'm sure a running jump with your hands behind your back is silly and probably dangerous!

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Wasn't deliberate and his hand wasn't in an unnatural position for a player jumping at pace.

did however gain an advantage from it hitting his arm. 

not as black and white as it should be

I spose its not just that it hit his hand, it's the fact that the ball was propelled into the net... The assumption is that there was some forward movement from Bents hand that helped it on its way. What did the experts on sky say about the disallowed goal? 

21 hours ago, Beagle said:

Interested to see what people think  was it the correct decision or not.

Will put something out to consider...if it had been a defender blocking the shot would it have been a penalty given the distance it travelled and the pace it was struck at.

21 hours ago, Beagle said:

Interested to see what people think  was it the correct decision or not.

Will put something out to consider...if it had been a defender blocking the shot would it have been a penalty given the distance it travelled and the pace it was struck at.

23 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I spose its not just that it hit his hand, it's the fact that the ball was propelled into the net... The assumption is that there was some forward movement from Bents hand that helped it on its way. What did the experts on sky say about the disallowed goal? 

They were too busy with a metaphorical Leeds **** in their mouth to say anything worthwhile :o

Archived