Bent's Disallowed Goal

Rambalin

Interested to see what people think  was it the correct decision or not.

Will put something out to consider...if it had been a defender blocking the shot would it have been a penalty given the distance it travelled and the pace it was struck at.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It always going to be easier and safer for the ref to disallow the goal for handball. I know for a fact that the ref did not see the Ince infringement that lead to his booking because he was looking the other way and when he asked the lino his assistant shook his head so he didn't see it either. The ref only booked Ince after examining their player.  

Correct decision in my opinion but not sure how he arrived at it.

Not sure if he was in a position where he could see that it was definite handball.

The only player with a clear view of the incident, Rob Green, didn't even appeal.

The Ince booking and Bartley bad challenge would lead me to believe he was either a 'homer' or happy to take guesses when making decisions.

20 minutes ago, Beagle said:

As a Ref I am interested in your replies.....

I'd be inclined to say his hand/arms were higher then his shoulder. If that was a defender blocking a cross or shot in the area like that, I'd call handball.

The referee was right IMO. I did notice however that Rob Green was resigned to it being a goal, and I didn't see or hear any shouts of handball.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Does it, why? The ball was hit at him.

If his intention is to protect his face, then he expects the ball to be hit at his face. He chose for the ball to hit his hand rather than his face, should the ball go at him there.

It's a deliberate attempt to divert the ball with the arm.

The ref was right.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If his intention is to protect his face, then he expects the ball to be hit at his face. He chose for the ball to hit his hand rather than his face, should the ball go at him there.

It's a deliberate attempt to divert the ball with the arm.

The ref was right.

Rubbish.

Archived