Bandwagon monkeys

It's a result of the team having a decent run since Mac's return and fans getting carried away with the idea of promotion. Some people choose to ignore the fact that there are 6 or 7 teams who are better than Derby at this point in time. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, europia said:

It's a result of the team having a decent run since Mac's return and fans getting carried away with the idea of promotion. Some people choose to ignore the fact that there are 6 or 7 teams who are better than Derby at this point in time. 

I think this is a good point. There ARE 6 or 7 sides better than Derby and whilst we would hope to split them and get into the play offs, we have no divine right to. Maybe we're just short of bring able to bridge the gap. It does look like other clubs have got stronger, built well and are progressing whilst Derby are slowly going backwards despite huge outlay.

Last night WAS poo though. You can't deny that .

5 hours ago, curtains said:

Need to retain the ball better as a team. 

Need to move the ball quicker from the back. 

Need to try and stop crosses coming in from the flanks. 

That's constructive for starters. 

The first time I have ever agreed with every word of one of your posts! 

5 hours ago, David said:

Which makes Johnson's red last night even more frustrating as it was completely unnecessary. Another tough game coming up and left with De Sart, Hughes and Bryson. Need to wrap those 3 up in cotton wool this week or it could get messy.

We have always got Elsnik  or Hanson for midfield . Don't mind Hanson in midfield . 

Just don't like Hanson in the FB areas .

The creative thrust of the side goes when we don't have raiding full backs.

This is no criticism of Baird or Hanson They haven't got that skill set.

We are really missing Christie and Fozzy/ Olsson at the moment.

I thought that was quite apparent last night especially when Camara was on the ball.

While I think Hanson is a fine young player I don't think he is a full back.

At the moment I think we're a 7-10th placed side, with the possibility of top six. The current teams who are above us are better than us.

We are paying the price for having three managers in eight months and the instability it brings with different styles, different ideas, different types of players etc.

We are top heavy with strikers/wingers and of course injuries to full backs haven't helped. 

We simply do not score enough goals with the current set of players, but neither do we create that many chances. We have over relied on the defence this season, and as we have seen recently that can only go on so long. Going forward we are too reliant on Ince, who has done really well since McClaren returned but it's a heavy burden.

If I'm honest, I look at our squad and think it's a bit of a mess. Talented players for sure, but little cohesion or flow. Top heavy in certain areas, light in other. 

People are very keen to blame Pearson and Pearson alone but in my view that's too simplistic. McClaren has had three months in charge and has done well to get the team playing to the sort of levels it ought to be. But the slow way we are playing isn't really going to get us much further and the recent defeats to Norwich and Leeds, and a lucky draw against Fulham, shows there are plenty of teams around us on the up, while we are kind of plodding along.

We need two attacking full backs if we want to carry on the way we are playing. If not, success might have to come changing the system - three at the back looked attractive at half time yesterday as both full backs were getting battered and the midfield overrun.

But McClaren is nothing if not stubborn so I can't see that happening. 

Interesting to see how the season pans out. I hope we can get top six, but I'm less convinced than at any stage during the last three seasons that we will. Fingers crossed though. It might only take one signing or a little something to click and we'll be flying again.

45 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

McClaren has had three months in charge and has done well to get the team playing to the sort of levels it ought to be. But the slow way we are playing isn't really going to get us much further and the recent defeats to Norwich and Leeds, and a lucky draw against Fulham, shows there are plenty of teams around us on the up, while we are kind of plodding along.

We need two attacking full backs if we want to carry on the way we are playing. If not, success might have to come changing the system - three at the back looked attractive at half time yesterday as both full backs were getting battered and the midfield overrun.

But McClaren is nothing if not stubborn so I can't see that happening. 

How long did Pearson have, three months to get us plummeting? We've got more than two attacking fbs they're injured. 3 at the back, I wonder why Mac isn't clever enough to try that? Bet he doesn't play Football Manager!

What a shame we're dependant on the squad we've got, Messi would be great for us.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long did Pearson have, three months to get us plummeting? We've got more than two attacking fbs they're injured. 3 at the back, I wonder why Mac isn't clever enough to try that? Bet he doesn't play Football Manager!

What a shame we're dependant on the squad we've got, Messi would be great for us.

Thanks. I feel comforted that your stupidity backs up my argument well. I don't know what Football Manager is by the way, but I guess it's a game for kids.

20 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Couple of defeats and we need to sell 10 players, Macca's clueless and Vydra and Weimann should be ashamed to collect their wage's.

Instead of destructive try and be constructive........

For most fans it isn't over 2 defeats it's over the last 3 seasons. We fail when we come up against a half decent team which shows we have not progressed as a team, yet we have spent 30 million + since then. Leeds have not spent anything like that yet they have made much more progress without the money because we have been miss managed not only by the managers but also by Mel.  

P.s I'm not a Mel hater! 

51 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Thanks. I feel comforted that your stupidity backs up my argument well. I don't know what Football Manager is by the way, but I guess it's a game for kids.

You... you don't know what Football Manager is?

Oh my God. 

What a loser.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Don't **** on younger generations and insinuate only kids play video games. Football Manager has been around since 1995.

Archived