Bandwagon monkeys

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're alot better than we were,no panic.

All of the above seem reasonable plus A bit of team spirit sprinkled around might help. 

Taking Vydra out on the lash is probably the worst thing to do(I know where your coming from).

Put an arm round him rather than chucking him to the lions 

Feel a bit sorry for Vydra as he now seems to be our latest scapegoat

8M pounds was a hurried and rash purchase that was not only over priced he was bought to work within a 4-4-2 system.

We all know our best system is 4-3-3 and i just do not see where he can fit in to this

For me it wasn't about losing, it was about the shambles of a performance, mainly first half. I was so annoyed I went straight to a film at half time with the intention of not watching the second half, but inevitably I did watch it.

I can't work out why Vydra is taking so much stick; Camara was appalling. As someone else mentioned, some credit to the defence for pretty much playing on their own and only conceding one. However, Leeds missed at least two sitters on their own.

Again people have mentioned before that THAT run was a great achievement whilst papering over cracks. As it stands, certainly with the personnel currently available, we are not a good side. Imagine getting promoted with this squad? It would be carnage. As a ST holder, I hate the notion of writing off seasons, but our best bet is to build a solid team over a season or two and win the league outright to get promoted. Add a little quality in the Prem to a Championship winning squad and you stand a fighting chance. Getting through the playoffs and then retaining most of a "lucky" squad or completely overhauling it in the Premier is suicide.

21 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Me

New LB needed as cover until yr end

Pearce straight back in

Butters back in alongside Hughesy for Reading

Give JR another go now he's had a breather

Start with Nugent up top.

Take Vydra out on a p1ss up and remind him there is a player in there.

You'll struggle to have butters back considering he's still suspended....

Just now, Millenniumram said:

You'll struggle to have butters back considering he's still suspended....

Which makes Johnson's red last night even more frustrating as it was completely unnecessary. Another tough game coming up and left with De Sart, Hughes and Bryson. Need to wrap those 3 up in cotton wool this week or it could get messy.

Just now, David said:

Which makes Johnson's red last night even more frustrating as it was completely unnecessary. Another tough game coming up and left with De Sart, Hughes and Bryson. Need to wrap those 3 up in cotton wool this week or it could get messy.

Absolutely, another game left short in midfield- maybe we'll bring someone in this week though be it Lansbury or someone similar as it seems we're looking for someone in that position, or maybe that's just me being hopeful that I don't have to watch Bryson chasing shadows again

12 minutes ago, David said:

You might struggle with Bryso. He was running around like an Ethiopian on smack last night.

Maybe now is the time to plan for the summer not just throw daft money around.

We have a decent squad that needs some pruning and i would say 2-3 players of real quality/ energy to move forwards.

We have a decent spine (Carson, Pearce, Keogh, GT, Hughes, Ince and Nugent). That in theory means we only need 4 players of adequate quality to make up a winning 11.

Yes it is squad thing but in theory if we can get Lowe fit that leaves us a RB, CM and winger required plus a back up CD

Baird, Russell, Johnson, Martin, Mitchell, Forsyth/ Olsson, Hanson, Elsnik, Vernam, Guy as back up.

Selling Butters, Bryson, Weimann, Blackman, Vydra, Camara, Shackell will generate 12M that can be re-used.

Not sure it will happen but if Leeds complain about Brysons elbow. He could easily get a retrospective red card. if that happens we will have to put one of the attacking options in as an attacking midfielder, either Vydra or Weimann or even Russell who we know is disciplined enough to stay in position 

51 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Me

New LB needed as cover until yr end

Pearce straight back in

Butters back in alongside Hughesy for Reading

Give JR another go now he's had a breather

Start with Nugent up top.

Take Vydra out on a p1ss up and remind him there is a player in there.

i nominate to take vydra out on the p!ss... as long as he is paying... and bring his girlfriend

Play as a team!

Show for one another when in possession of the ball!

Close the opposition down as a pack and quickly!

Enjoy being a professional footballer on as well as of the field (is the most important thing of all).

Last but not least, trust in each other!

Follow those simple pointers and we won't go far wrong IMHO. 

Archived