Camara and Hanson down the left is a hopeless combination

Curtains

I really fear as to what this may do to Hanson. It didn't work against WBA I'm afraid angry. He was ripped apart by Philips and last night more of the same. It isn't his fault he plainly isn't a left back. This sort of treatment may have a devastating effect on a young lads confidence. He may wonder if he's cut out for football at this level. He needs taking out for the next game whoever is fit. Camera for me is an impact sub ( at the moment) you shouldn't be able to be as terrible as yesterday and considered a first 11 starter. Monk and most other managers will do their homework. I can't remember Leeds attacking down the right, it was an obvious ploy to load up the right flank and expose our lack of pace in Hanson and lack of cover in Camara. Reading will do the same if we repeat this combination. I feel we got away with it at WBA as most players played to their A game. Last night very few did which exposed this weakness alarmingly 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

you are right, its so easy to say after a game what we should change.

i cant argue with curtains the fact i dont think hanson/camara works, i dont but it did against WBA so you have to accept the decision steve made. There was holes everywhere on the pitch last night and Steve had to make decisions to make changes the best he could and in fairness the 2nd half was an improvmement.

Apart from little improvement 10 minutes after start of 2nd half I saw a display close to the Burton game. 

We looked so flat and deflated. Never once thought we would get back into it after we went 1-0 down.

23 minutes ago, curtains said:

Hanson just isn't a  wing back. 

Monk sussed it straight away last night. 

Attacked us down the left. 

Easy for Leeds .

11 corners in no time at all  

I don't disagree that it did not work last night but it DID against WBA. Monk has us on toast last night, very impressed.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Apart from little improvement 10 minutes after start of 2nd half I saw a display close to the Burton game. 

We looked so flat and deflated. Never once thought we would get back into it after we went 1-0 down.

Its difficult to judge for me, Leeds were impressive and it was even just a case of us making them look good. They battered us from the first minute and we never got into it.

Im not sure many championship teams if any would have got anything out of leeds last night.

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I don't disagree that it did not work last night but it DID against WBA. Monk has us on toast last night, very impressed.

It was that bad I switched the TV off. 

I couldn't stand it after about an hour of the game  .

Hope we are better against Reading and I hope McClaren sorts it out as the last 4 league games have been less than impressive but I don't want to get on his back .

As for Monk he is a very good manager indeed .

I hate Leeds and won't watch that silly friendly that's been arranged.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Its difficult to judge for me, Leeds were impressive and it was even just a case of us making them look good. They battered us from the first minute and we never got into it.

Im not sure many championship teams if any would have got anything out of leeds last night.

I really think we're overreacting to how well Leeds played.....

Thought they were far from finished article, they pressed and worked hard..... but I didn't think they were anything special. I really didn't, what it did show..... is that old favourites days are numbered..... 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I really think we're overreacting to how well Leeds played.....

Thought they were far from finished article, they pressed and worked hard..... but I didn't think they were anything special. I really didn't, what it did show..... is that old favourites days are numbered..... 

I dont, i thought they were excellent.

Hanson isnt as good as we think he is 

half the fans cream up over him because 'he's one of our own' came through the acadamy. Just like we all thought pablo mills & miles addison were the next big thing because they were 'our' boys

if we'd had signed Hanson from another club we'd all be slating him. Who scouted this turnip

he's a young prospect but he's the worst cm at the club. He might get better & develop but he should be out on loan not in the first team

nice kid tries his hardest and is willing to play anywhere for Derby. I think he'd play in goal if mac asked him so cant fault him for that. Also him being thrown in at left back isnt his fault. I Just think he'd make a good league one player and he's playing out of his skin for us every week but still isnt quite good enough   

Be nice to get the injured players back, loan him out and see if he can push on

26 minutes ago, curtains said:

It was that bad I switched the TV off. 

I couldn't stand it after about an hour of the game  .

And yet the young man you are complaining about played through to the end and never gave up trying. That's why he's playing football for Derby County and you're moaning about it.

Some of us were there last night and still managed to stay till the end and applaud the players off the pitch. Grow a pair!

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

And yet the young man you are complaining about played through to the end and never gave up trying. That's why he's playing football for Derby County and you're moaning about it.

Some of us were there last night and still managed to stay till the end and applaud the players off the pitch. Grow a pair!

Well I'm going to Newcastle.

That young man gets well paid for what he does. 

He came through the academy..

Wooopppeeeeee

He was still rubbish last night and so were the team .

I hate Leeds  United and I ain't going to that stupid friendly game either  

I think as a general observation that young Hanson grew into the game but was left 2 on 1 more often than not because Camara did nothing defensively or attacking. The spotlight should be solely on Camara as he played in his preferred position and hung young Hanson out to dry a majority of the time, by doing sweet fa before coming off. 

Camara had an opportunity to shine and hot kicked a couple of times and subsequently went missing along with 8 or 9 others last night. 

We got bullied, out battled, over run and deserved to lose and that's what we got. 

On to the next one COYR

9 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I think as a general observation that young Hanson grew into the game but was left 2 on 1 more often than not because Camara did nothing defensively or attacking. The spotlight should be solely on Camara as he played in his preferred position and hung young Hanson out to dry a majority of the time, by doing sweet fa before coming off. 

Camara had an opportunity to shine and hot kicked a couple of times and subsequently went missing along with 8 or 9 others last night. 

We got bullied, out battled, over run and deserved to lose and that's what we got. 

On to the next one COYR

But Hanson didn't defend properly either. 

It's not all down to Camara but he was poor as well . 

Ask yourself why Leeds had 11 corners in no time. 

I would suggest they targeted our left hand side  and we didn't cope  .

I don't think we will see that combination again .

3 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Where the hell was pearce ,that is mclarens fault ,no hindsight required we said it before match started,so did sky tv.They said the pearce household would be puzzled.maclaren must have been pissed when he picked that team.Manager to blame.

Shackell was outstanding against WBA, I personally would have played Pearce but fully understand the reasons Shackell was picked.

In fairness i dont think it would have made any difference had Pearce played last night.

More of a general thought, how come so many footballers are unable to use both feet to kick the ball weather it be to a teammate or into the stands, Hanson was a prime example last night also Vydra had opportunity to shoot left footed but failed to do so deciding to move the ball to his right and lose his oppourtunity 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Hanson just isn't a  wing back. 

Monk sussed it straight away last night. 

Attacked us down the left. 

Easy for Leeds .

11 corners in no time at all  

They attacked us down our right too with Doukara, who had the run of the wing, even when we put two on him. Excellent display from Leeds last night. They've got some class. Even more convinced they will go up this year after seeing them last night. 

35 minutes ago, curtains said:

But Hanson didn't defend properly either. 

It's not all down to Camara but he was poor as well . 

Ask yourself why Leeds had 11 corners in no time. 

I would suggest they targeted our left hand side  and we didn't cope  .

I don't think we will see that combination again .

Fair enough, JH was out of position mainly because that is not his position. 

But the vast percentage of quickfire corners came from Sunday League, headless chicken defending from set pieces by many of the team not just JH. 

I think he is being unfairly singled out

Just now, unclej said:

They attacked us down our right too with Doukara, who had the run of the wing, even when we put two on him. Excellent display from Leeds last night. They've got some class. Even more convinced they will go up this year after seeing them last night. 

Monk seems to be a very good up and coming manager. 

Leeds will fall short on promotion for me but they have a chance 

Brighton, Newcastle and Villa for me but that playoff place is up for grabs. 

Archived