Vydra should never wear the shirt again

rammieib

Vydra has contributed nothing in about 16 games. If he starts, if he comes on, it's irrelevant. Granted, he may want to play in two up, but don't and his contribution is absolutely nothing.

Tonight though, his woeful touch and inability to even pass to another player was downright embarrassing. Not difficult balls, simple ten yard stuff. 

But it's not only about tonight. It's about since when Mac came in. 

As for Bryson, I'm renaming him backwards Bryson. I've never seen him more negative. Again, a lack of Martin hinders his game but you can't just float through games giving absolutely nothing.

We can't expect Ince to do something every game. Fulham away, we were poor and got lucky. Norwich away, absolutely awful, Tonight was simply an embarrassment.

The defence is good enough, yes I would like improvements on full backs. You can't legislate for four Left Backs going injured so no slant on Hanson and Baird will go back out the team when Christie fit as he is falling back to his status quo but 19 conceded, that's fine.

So you need more offensive production. Only Ince has genuinely given an acceptable or better offensive production. No one can argue against that surely. So let's try and have a few more players who can be match winners.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rammieib said:

Vydra has contributed nothing in about 16 games. If he starts, if he comes on, it's irrelevant. Granted, he may want to play in two up, but don't and his contribution is absolutely nothing.

Tonight though, his woeful touch and inability to even pass to another player was downright embarrassing. Not difficult balls, simple ten yard stuff. 

But it's not only about tonight. It's about since when Mac came in. 

As for Bryson, I'm renaming him backwards Bryson. I've never seen him more negative. Again, a lack of Martin hinders his game but you can't just float through games giving absolutely nothing.

We can't expect Ince to do something every game. Fulham away, we were poor and got lucky. Norwich away, absolutely awful, Tonight was simply an embarrassment.

The defence is good enough, yes I would like improvements on full backs. You can't legislate for four Left Backs going injured so no slant on Hanson and Baird will go back out the team when Christie fit as he is falling back to his status quo but 19 conceded, that's fine.

So you need more offensive production. Only Ince has genuinely given an acceptable or better offensive production. No one can argue against that surely. So let's try and have a few more players who can be match winners.

You have just contradicted yourself on this point. By saying 'Only Ince' gave an acceptable production. So why is this thread aimed at only two players? Why pick out Vydra more than Bent who started? That on top of the fact that this is an absurd post.

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Not beaten by the better team???, what match did you watch?.

We couldn't get near them most of the time. They were better end of.

I was impressed with Leeds tonight and it had sod all to do with how poor we were.

Better team based on the fact we didn't turn up. We couldn't string a pass together. Gave the ball away constantly. If we played like that every week we would still be treading water pearson style. Tonight was horrible. Carson (distribution aside) kept us in it and Ince tried. Not one other player above 5/10 for me. 

In fairness to the lad he's had no consistent game time so I have a lot of sympathy for him relatively speaking for someone who is 'struggling' but probably on about 40k a week.

My concern is that it is starting to look like he isn't an effective impact sub as he doesn't score nor look particularly influential when he is used in this manner.

With that in mind, if we are going to include Vydra I would use him as a starter for a few weeks and see if he clicks or basically freeze him out of the squad altogether.

I know that sounds harsh and I don't like saying it but as a sub he offers very little and I'd rather that space be given to a player who can use their short period of time on the pitch to maximum effect.

Nothing at all personal against Vydra - just going on what I've seen and what I think may benefit us.

Just now, TroyDyer said:

Better team based on the fact we didn't turn up. We couldn't string a pass together. Gave the ball away constantly. If we played like that every week we would still be treading water pearson style. Tonight was horrible. Carson (distribution aside) kept us in it and Ince tried. Not one other player above 5/10 for me. 

Keogh, Shacks ???

What did bent do wrong?

As well as Leeds played tonight, I do think Vydra stood out as being particularly appalling. I really hope he comes good but he seems to be getting worse rather than improving. Before he looked like he couldn't score, now he can't pass or control a ball. He's seriously short on confidence.

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Not beaten by the better team???, what match did you watch?.

We couldn't get near them most of the time. They were better end of.

I was impressed with Leeds tonight and it had sod all to do with how poor we were.

You'll lose every single game you play with such a wet, defeatist attitude. I'd love to see McClaren's reaction in the dressing room if some of our lads come out with this excuse. There's no shame in losing away at this Leeds side, but there is plenty of shame in the manner of the defeat. It should've been 3-0, 4-0 on the balance of play. We didn't turn up and we didn't even get stuck in and try to make a fight of it.

As for Vydra, I think the breakaway opportunity Ince presented him with shows just how short on confidence he is. The overreaction is unjustified based on tonight's game, but I am getting extremely worried that we've shelled out big money on a dud. We bought him at the lowest ebb in his career after a very poor loan season with Reading. How the hell did we get shafted for 8 million quid?

Just now, Andicis said:

You have just contradicted yourself on this point. By saying 'Only Ince' gave an acceptable production. So why is this thread aimed at only two players? Why pick out Vydra more than Bent who started? That on top of the fact that this is an absurd post.

Quite simply, Vydra is an expensive player bought to add offensive fire power who has done NOTHING since Mac came in. Tonight was the icing on the cake. Bent has won us games and puts effort in, Johnson was effective in our run, Hughes is a constant tidy player nitting play but struggling with not enough better players, De Sart unlucky to be taken off, Mac addressed Camara's none contribution by subbing him.

My anger is at a player who I don't even puts any effort in. How easy do players go past him, he never hurries or chases down defenders (he jogs if you watch him), and his runs are the opposite way to where the ball is.

So no, it's not a contradiction. 

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

What did they do tonight? Do they start on an 8 then? Mistake themselves to a 5? Or do they start on a 0 and earn the 8?

I'm out.

Can't discuss with comments like that, I asked you and you ask the same back without an answer.

Brilliant.

Goodnight.

Vydra wasn't the problem. We were defeated by a well organised, energetic and technically average Leeds side who were reliant on set pieces and got plenty as a result of our makeshift side and particularly the full backs. Hanson might as well not have been there.

However when put under pressure they weren't so sure. I don't understand why Bent's goal was ruled out, The ball was hit at him point blank and what else could he do but put his arms up to defend himself. I am disappointed that we weren't prepared to face a physical and well organised side because despite their technical shortcomings Leeds cause problems.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Quite simply, Vydra is an expensive player bought to add offensive fire power who has done NOTHING since Mac came in. Tonight was the icing on the cake. Bent has won us games and puts effort in, Johnson was effective in our run, Hughes is a constant tidy player nitting play but struggling with not enough better players, De Sart unlucky to be taken off, Mac addressed Camara's none contribution by subbing him.

My anger is at a player who I don't even puts any effort in. How easy do players go past him, he never hurries or chases down defenders (he jogs if you watch him), and his runs are the opposite way to where the ball is.

So no, it's not a contradiction. 

And can you say Vydra has had many chances to prove himself? Whilst I am in agreement in that I don't think Vydra has contributed enough, it's not his fault Derby paid £8 million for him. I disagree with him not putting effort in. He's a striker being forced out on to the wing, it's not where he plays. I think him being played on the wing is as much to blame McClaren for as Vydra himself. We bought him knowing his best goals tally came as part of a front two with him the beneficiary of Troy Deeney. So I'd more blame Derby (Nigel Pearson in particular) for signing a player who doesn't really fit how we play.

Just now, Andicis said:

And can you say Vydra has had many chances to prove himself? Whilst I am in agreement in that I don't think Vydra has contributed enough, it's not his fault Derby paid £8 million for him. I disagree with him not putting effort in. He's a striker being forced out on to the wing, it's not where he plays. I think him being played on the wing is as much to blame McClaren for as Vydra himself. We bought him knowing his best goals tally came as part of a front two with him the beneficiary of Troy Deeney. So I'd more blame Derby (Nigel Pearson in particular) for signing a player who doesn't really fit how we play.

Fee is not his fault agreed, but I think he isn't taking responsibility because when things are not going for you the one thing you can change is effort. Two different opinions then on the effort side, that's fine. I'd ask you next time you see him just to watch him if you think he is running 100% though.

i think we all agree that Pearson is the idiot who got us lumbered with this scenario. Rush was supporting the manager at the time.

I hope come the summer we won't be scared to cut our losses and run on a number of players.

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Vydra seems to have no confidence but also an alarming lack of effort tonight

Yeah, I don't know how good a player he is, but effort wise didn't look like the player that played at the start of the season. Could happily get rid now for me.

Archived