Will Hughes signs new 3 and a half year contract

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

One club man. He'll be our Ryan Giggs.

Someone said he'll look back on his career, having won the premier league, and regret it if he's not won promotion with Derby. But I don't understand how that can be true if he's won the premier league with Derby. 

Holy cow hope he's not our Ryan lock up your own brothers wife Giggs. 

Cracking signing and great piece of business.

Hopefully he's going to get back to taking the league by storm and one thing is sure, he'll be the Rams record fee received IF he ever needs to leave.

Can't see why Derby would need/want to sell him if the miracle turnaround continues and the Mac somehow gets you up.

He's good enough to be playing in the Premier league now but i'd be honest and say as well that he needs to start producing the same kind of performances that got him noticed in the first place. It's a long time since I've seen him tear a side apart like he did against Leeds in this match here. I've posted that as well as a little reminder of just how good the lad is when he's at the top of his game.

Back in the day I was lucky enough to get the chance to watch some absolute brilliant midfielders at really close quarters, see their game grow as they got older and more experienced. (keane, webb, hodge,Stone, Gemmill,Woan amongst others) . None of them were better than Will is now.  ****at the same age***** Keane was special of course but he wasn't even playing at in England 17 and even though he was brilliant and stood out at Forest when he burst on to the scene at 19 years old. He was capable of winning games on his own but it wasn't until he was 24 ish that he REALLY started controlling and dominating games week in week out..

If Will starts to get hold of games like he used to he's capable of playing at the very highest level. He's already a bit special at 21 but needs to get back to those match winning, have you on the edge of your seat when he's on the ball type of performances.

Anyway, great news he's staying and hope he has a brilliant second half of the season, except for the 21st of February where I hope he has a stinker ;-)

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Anyone see his interview on Ramsplayer after the Leeds game. 

Honest, angry, no positives about the game, seems focused. 

Why would anyone not love Will Hughes?

I think he is my favourite Derby player  now and yes have seen the interview.

Glad he has signed a new contract.

Love the lad he has so much ability  .

Will+Hughes+England+U21+v+Northern+Irela

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Anyone see his interview on Ramsplayer after the Leeds game. 

Honest, angry, no positives about the game, seems focused. 

Why would anyone not love Will Hughes?

For his sake, he has to leave this summer when we fail to get promoted again. There is nothing for him left to prove- loyalty, fighting spirit, skill, fineness and whatever more you want to add here [ ]. He has earned it. Time for him to move on as we are going backwards.

4 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

For his sake, he has to leave this summer when we fail to get promoted again. There is nothing for him left to prove- loyalty, fighting spirit, skill, fineness and whatever more you want to add here [ ]. He has earned it. Time for him to move on as we are going backwards.

Don't talk daft.

35 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Don't be silly.. He want Premier League with DCFC that's why he signed new contract. See more on DET there is article about it. 

Archived