Virgin Media TV tip

Philmycock

Top tip: if your Virgin Media TV remote and menus are going extra slow (like mine was), try this funky manoeuvre (which empties the cache) and get the bogger sped up.....

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fixed my page freezes by switching from SKY to Virgin, never had any laggy menu/TV guide issues since :ph34r:

something to do with living 4.2m miles from civilisation and surrounded by a reservoir that kills them radar gamma ray things travelling through air to pick up those signally things.

I was looking into the new Virgin V6 box the other day. Apart from looking like a 4 year old drew it, it looks to have similar features to the SKY Q box. Not swapping just yet but may do in the next few months.

I'll try this tip later, as switching between TV and recorded programmes sometimes takes a while.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

I was looking into the new Virgin V6 box the other day. Apart from looking like a 4 year old drew it, it looks to have similar features to the SKY Q box. Not swapping just yet but may do in the next few months.

I'll try this tip later, as swithcing between TV and recorded programmes sometimes takes a while.

does it have a rasping exhaust and go like stink?

On 12/01/2017 at 21:34, philmycock said:

Top tip: if your Virgin Media TV remote and menus are going extra slow (like mine was), try this funky manoeuvre (which empties the cache) and get the bogger sped up.....

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

Got round to trying this yesterday & it made more of a difference than I thought it would. cheers for that.

Archived