Payet

Mafiabob

28 minutes ago, KBB said:

Good for him. He has carried West Ham since the minute he first pulled on their shirt. He was persuaded to sign a new contract with them on the basis of the ambition of the club, the level of new players they would be bringing in, the vision for the club was to match his vision for himself as a player.

west ham have failed to live up to their side of the bargain, almost lied to him to get him to stay

If that's the case then fine. I haven't got any issue with him wanting to leave for whatever reason it is. It's the pathetic, immature, greedy, selfish and unprofessional manner in which he has gone about it that is the real issue for me.

He should admit to being unhappy at West Ham and that he wants to leave as soon as is possible. That's ok with me. It's honesty.

Then he should proudly exclaim that he is a professional and as such he will still be giving 100% for the club and it's fans until a new club is found. Then leave it to his agent to find a new club as soon as possible.

If West Ham don't want to sell then they can either let him rot in the stiffs for 5 years or Payet can offer to buy out his contract. It won't be the latter though as it involves footballers losing their own money. It's cake and eat it really.

In every case what Payet should not do is refuse to play for the club. Upon hearing that as a manager I would ask the chairman if I could let him waste in the reserves for the full duration of his contract and I not then I'd resign as I couldn't work with people who aren't prepared to support me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Anon said:

This is what I'd do if my club could afford it. The player could train with the kids whilst I worked my hardest to engineer a move for him to Greenland's B67-Nuuk or Kabul FC.

I wouldn't even let him train with the youth setup, risk of badmouthing to them and pushing out breakthrough talents, he can train on his own and like it. 

Just now, Anon said:

This is what I'd do if my club could afford it. The player could train with the kids whilst I worked my hardest to engineer a move for him to Greenland's B67-Nuuk or Kabul FC.

Got to give this a like just for the relief in knowing that there is someone else out there who knows about Nuuk. Obviously outside of Greenland. :whistle:

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

fine 2 weeks wages for every time they don't turn up to training or refuse to play. With 2 games a week for a while, he'll end up owing the club money.

Also, for breach of contract, reclaim his signing bonus and threaten to sue for pro-rata the transfer fee paid.

In addition, tell him he can leave, then slap a £100m price on him.  A couple of months and he'll back down, or you earn over 10 times what you paid for him.  Win-win...

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Refusing to play for West Ham.....

Quite happy to sign a deal when he needed the club however......

Player Power stinks.....

Glad Bilic has told him he ain't going anywhere and told him to stay away from the club.

Player power, **** the lot of them.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

fine 2 weeks wages for every time they don't turn up to training or refuse to play. With 2 games a week for a while, he'll end up owing the club money.

Also, for breach of contract, reclaim his signing bonus and threaten to sue for pro-rata the transfer fee paid.

Wonder if that has happened to Martin?

26 minutes ago, cannable said:

Just about every club in Europe would have wanted him in the summer…

Still under contract at the club..... see who blinks first 

West Ham fans are idiots. Seen some say that they made Payet relevant because they are a big club. That's like Fulham fans saying they made Chris Martin popular. Marseille are a much bigger club than West Ham just like Derby are bigger than those small time londerners Fulham. #fact

Archived