Newcastle Away

Boss

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only been once in the 90's in a league cup tie. There was about 400 of us stuck up high in the corner of the stand. To this day I still maintain that Newcastle is the most impressive stadium I've visited in the UK and I've been Parkhead, Old Trafford etc.

Seem to remember a pub over the road called the Strawberry if memory serves but not 100%. Whether it's still there now is anyone's guess.

We just got hammered under the Tyne bridge with some lasses from Consett, County Durham and were dragged off to Gateshead metro centre during the day and we'd only known them 5 minutes!

Key facts, £32 adults, £26 seniors, £16 u18s, 2850 allocated.

Dates of sale:

Away Members – Saturday 14th January 2017

Season Ticket Holders (5+ away games this season) – Sunday 22nd January 2017 (10am)

Season Ticket Holders – Thursday 26th January 2017

General Sale – Sunday 29th January 2017 (10am)

13 hours ago, MrsRam said:

Yep, we're going. Hotels been booked a while.

We had a walk round the outside of the stadium the other month when we went to pick the girls up from a weekend up there, was suprised at how high the stands are. Think I'll be needing some binoculars and oxygen...

Had a bit of corporate at St James, the ground has two high stands and two low apparently from the top of one of the high stands behind the goal its a quarter of a mile to the opposite goal .

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am going mate as well

There is a lift mate

The only lift I need is that feeling when the final whistle goes and we have done one over them. 3000 bouncing RAMS fans in heaven. (sounds great to me).

Newcastle is an awesome night out. I have been very lucky to literally travel the world in my last job and Newcastle is actually up there with the very best nights out.

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

How quickly do people think these will sell out? Got a feeling it won't even make it to the general sale with that allocation 

Think it'll reach to season ticket holder then it'll be sold out. 

Pinched from another Rams forum:

Standard off peak return is £94.80.

Trains up there at 08:13 (£37.60), 08:44 (£47.20), 09:16 (£47.20), 09:44 (£73.40), 10:16 (£47.20), 10:44 (£73.40). 
(current advance prices in brackets)

Trains back at 17:32 (£47.20), 17:44 (£47.20), 18:35 (£47.20), 18:44 (£47.20), 19:35 (£47.20), 19:45 (£37.60)

So, cheapest Advance tickets are £75.20 for the 08:13 up there, 19:45 back.

Split ticketing can reduce costs. 
Alternative 1 - Trainsplit.com shows it can be done for £59.40 for the 08:13 up there, 18:44 back. These are all Advance tickets so you are stuck with booked trains. Trainsplit.com will add fees of £4.50 onto this, so just look at the trains it suggests and book them directly via National Rail yourself. 

Alternative 2 - Book Off Peak Returns for Derby to Sheffield, Sheffield to York, York to Darlington, Darlington to Newcastle. This comes in at £67.90 in total. You can take any train you like from above. These can all be bought on the day too, so no need to commit until you know you have a match ticket.

Archived