Newcastle Away

Boss

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, we're going. Hotels been booked a while.

We had a walk round the outside of the stadium the other month when we went to pick the girls up from a weekend up there, was suprised at how high the stands are. Think I'll be needing some binoculars and oxygen...

Just now, MrsRam said:

Yep, we're going. Hotels been booked a while.

We had a walk round the outside of the stadium the other month when we went to pick the girls up from a weekend up there, was suprised at how high the stands are. Think I'll be needing some binoculars and oxygen...

Correct. It'll look like subbuteo....only slightly quicker.

29 minutes ago, Boss said:

Ticket details being released tomorrow morning - many Rams fans on here going? How quickly do people think it will sell out? 

Possibly won't sell out at all

Away teams are allocated 3000 tickets at St James' Park, at the top of a mountain (14 flights of stairs), which might well affect the more feeble-bodied like me (this is my last season on the back row of the North Stand at Pride Park because my knees are shot to ribbons). One of the main reasons for me wanting to go to Newcastle was to tackle the 'Curry Hell' challenge - but the Rupali Restaurant, the home of the 'hottest curry in the world', has now closed.

That, plus the fact that I'm now unemployed, means I might give this one a miss.

I'm really looking forward to this, although my wallet won't be after paying over £100 for going to both Norwich and Leeds:huh:. This is whilst also funding driving lessons, a car and car insurance on an average of 10 hours a week of work. It doesn't matter when I get to see the mighty Rams though!

I'd love to beat the Geordies; I really dislike them for how overconfident they've been this season and it would be great if Brighton beat them to the title. It should be a good one with us taking big numbers and I'm sure both sets of fans will be up for it. COYR!

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Away teams are allocated 3000 tickets at St James' Park, at the top of a mountain (14 flights of stairs), which might well affect the more feeble-bodied like me (this is my last season on the back row of the North Stand at Pride Park because my knees are shot to ribbons). One of the main reasons for me wanting to go to Newcastle was to tackle the 'Curry Hell' challenge - but the Rupali Restaurant, the home of the 'hottest curry in the world', has now closed.

That, plus the fact that I'm now unemployed, means I might give this one a miss.

Don't worry Eddie, you missed nothing at Rupali's - a truly bang average curry house. Owd 'Lord' Rupali was a fine source of cheap and late curry but not that tasty. As you would imagine or probably know, threes some great pubs up here if you do get the chance to visit, serving some fine Belgian and other continental beers. You're right about the 14 flights of steps - it's quite a hike. My advice is to let the ale take the strain for the steps up and if Derby win you'll be floating back to ground level to sample a few more.

44 minutes ago, Boss said:

Ticket details being released tomorrow morning - many Rams fans on here going? How quickly do people think it will sell out? 

Think it'll sell out (3K) and I'm going. 

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm really looking forward to this, although my wallet won't be after paying over £100 for going to both Norwich and Leeds:huh:. This is whilst also funding driving lessons, a car and car insurance on an average of 10 hours a week of work. It doesn't matter when I get to see the mighty Rams though!

I'd love to beat the Geordies; I really dislike them for how overconfident they've been this season and it would be great if Brighton beat them to the title. It should be a good one with us taking big numbers and I'm sure both sets of fans will be up for it. COYR!

Living and working in Newcastle, I can assure you they are back to their 'confident' old selves - The Rafalution / The Entertainers / We'll be champions by February / We'll do the double this year etc. Every defeat this season has been the ref's fault. If anyone thinks Derby fans can appear entitled, then this lot write the script. 

As the great permed one once said, 'I'd love it, just love it if we beat them'.

Mac will lay on the professional charm pre match but deep down he'll want to win this one so much.

14 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Don't worry Eddie, you missed nothing at Rupali's - a truly bang average curry house. Owd 'Lord' Rupali was a fine source of cheap and late curry but not that tasty. As you would imagine or probably know, threes some great pubs up here if you do get the chance to visit, serving some fine Belgian and other continental beers. You're right about the 14 flights of steps - it's quite a hike. My advice is to let the ale take the strain for the steps up and if Derby win you'll be floating back to ground level to sample a few more.

Is the Black Bull just up the hill from the ground still going ?

Last time I went in there (many years ago) it was an "interesting sort of adventure"

8 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Is the Black Bull just up the hill from the ground still going ?

Last time I went in there (many years ago) it was an "interesting sort of adventure"

Yes it is. I walked past there at lunch time the other day and my mates (who are local and have been inside) said it's the sort of place to go in for a dare. Even at opening time. It would be fine on match day but there's plenty more pubs in the vicinity. I can't think of a better located ground in the UK to be honest with regards to pubs, food, train, metro etc. Besides PP and the Brunny obviously ;-)

47 minutes ago, eddie said:

That's a shame mate, think they need to look at putting in some escalators if it's 14 flights of stairs!! 

Archived