sage

Scams

54 posts in this topic

Received an email yesterday, allegedly from PayPal, talking about suspicious activities on the account. 

As far as I'm aware, I don't even have a PayPal account. Then I was wondering if it was something I'd set up years ago and forgotten about. So I tried logging in, not via the email, and it seems I don't have one. 

The funniest scam Fail had was the classic "your computers been hacked and is being controlled right now"

my reply was "it's not even turned on how can it be being controlled"

he still kept taking ***** saying it will be when I connect again.

then I pointed out that I didn't actually have any internet access at home (we had just moved) un fased he said "those hackers are very clever nowadays"

4 hours ago, davenportram said:

The funniest scam Fail had was the classic "your computers been hacked and is being controlled right now"

my reply was "it's not even turned on how can it be being controlled"

he still kept taking ***** saying it will be when I connect again.

then I pointed out that I didn't actually have any internet access at home (we had just moved) un fased he said "those hackers are very clever nowadays"

I had a chap with a strong Asian accent called Andrew phoning me to tell me that my BT internet was going to be switched off. I told him that I doubted this but he insisted that it was going to be switched off in half an hour.

I then told him that I didn't have a BT line but it didn't seem to interrupt his spiel. I told him to f*** off, and blocked the number. I can strongly recommend a Callblocker.