Scams

sage

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're wanting to leave virgin you speak to an english person. If you're wanting to talk in general or your internets ****** and going slow you get sent to a indian who's favorite phrase is 'Sorry I can understand your frustration Sir let me look into this for you'.

1 hour later still lagging and disconnecting and all on there end is ok, there is no need for an engineer! Pfffttt touch wood I've not had a problem for a while now thankfully. 

4 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

If you're wanting to leave virgin you speak to an english person. If you're wanting to talk in general or your internets ****** and going slow you get sent to a indian who's favorite phrase is 'Sorry I can understand your frustration Sir let me look into this for you'.

1 hour later still lagging and disconnecting and all on there end is ok, there is no need for an engineer! Pfffttt touch wood I've not had a problem for a while now thankfully. 

So true.

9 hours ago, Tombo said:

Can't you read? What part of "Young and beautiful blond girl" don't you get? 

I have a theory that I get them because my email address is quite generic so I probably make the list a lot for blanket spam distribution.

Picture a young and beautiful 'glenda' on the end of one of them chatlines. ?

Mind you, it's all live streams nowadays, so you can see who you're wa..talking to.

Today I received quite an odd message on my phone. It said that it was from 'MySenderID' ?!?? I have only had this phone since July and am a bit confused about the message, it read:

Good News! It looks like your eligible for an early upgrade. Call the team NOW FREE on +449131200065 to find out which phones are available.

Is it a scam or is it legit. Any help is appreciated

thanks

4 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Today I received quite an odd message on my phone. It said that it was from 'MySenderID' ?!?? I have only had this phone since July and am a bit confused about the message, it read:

Good News! It looks like your eligible for an early upgrade. Call the team NOW FREE on +449131200065 to find out which phones are available.

thanks

Beware! 091 numbers are premium rate calls,  with initial connection charges of around £6 then heaven-knows how much per minute 

15 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

thanks

Complete scam - do not ring them back. A quick search of the 'who called me' sites reveals that it is a premium rate number where basically all they will do is place you on hold, at about £5a minute.

On 19/01/2017 at 14:14, Ashz09 said:

Was your Indian called Peter, sounds familiar.

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

Complete scam - do not ring them back. A quick search of the 'who called me' sites reveals that it is a premium rate number where basically all they will do is place you on hold, at about £5a minute.

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

Thanks for the advice !! Thank god I didn't ring them back! Just found it odd how there was a name of the number at the top of the screen

These sort of scams really bother me, I am reasonably savvy and feel at risk.  My wife and boy less savvy but then at the other end of the scale there are old people who must fall for these all the time.  Efforts really need to be made to crack down on this sort of thing in my opinion.

Received an email yesterday, allegedly from PayPal, talking about suspicious activities on the account. 

As far as I'm aware, I don't even have a PayPal account. Then I was wondering if it was something I'd set up years ago and forgotten about. So I tried logging in, not via the email, and it seems I don't have one. 

The funniest scam Fail had was the classic "your computers been hacked and is being controlled right now"

my reply was "it's not even turned on how can it be being controlled"

he still kept taking ***** saying it will be when I connect again.

then I pointed out that I didn't actually have any internet access at home (we had just moved) un fased he said "those hackers are very clever nowadays"

4 hours ago, davenportram said:

The funniest scam Fail had was the classic "your computers been hacked and is being controlled right now"

my reply was "it's not even turned on how can it be being controlled"

he still kept taking ***** saying it will be when I connect again.

then I pointed out that I didn't actually have any internet access at home (we had just moved) un fased he said "those hackers are very clever nowadays"

I had a chap with a strong Asian accent called Andrew phoning me to tell me that my BT internet was going to be switched off. I told him that I doubted this but he insisted that it was going to be switched off in half an hour.

I then told him that I didn't have a BT line but it didn't seem to interrupt his spiel. I told him to f*** off, and blocked the number. I can strongly recommend a Callblocker.

Archived